cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW2004s Testdrive Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i've just failed to install the Testdrive on Ubuntu 8.10 (starting with failure of jdk1.4.2 for SAP installation, the rest failed as well).

I would try it with OpenSuse 11.1 next, but it would be nice to hear from one who has managed to install this test drive on any free Linux System?

I wonder, if I must take SLES 10 Evaluation...

Which one should I use?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try CentOS 5.2 which is the exact replica of RHEL 5.2. Also If you think of compatibility issues, CentOS 4 is the replica of RHEL 4 which is certified by SAP as well.

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Samant, it would be my next candidate then Now I am rather near to success with OpenSuse 11.1. There were some problems during installation, but they are solved now.

I'll tell here, if TestDrive will start.

Edited by: Alexei Vinogradov on Jan 12, 2009 2:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

So.... good news: NW2004s really runs at OpenSuse 11.1

bad news: it was very tricky to install, especially for not Linux freaks. The "official" installation guide is misleading much. It took me three day net, including OS installing. But now it's done and i'm happy with that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexei,

If you can share what you did to make it work, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Iwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iwan,

Actually, I've not 100% done with that §$%§$& TestDrive yet.

Now i have only time to try to remember, what has been done, but at the moment i have no spare time to double-check the details.

First you try to install as in the installation guide, then you fixes all the problems. To the last, i've found a dozen "must-read" posts from different forums.

So what i have done:

- installed 32-Bit 1.4.2 JDK on 64-bit Systems, as the other did not install

- installed libstdc++.5.so ("old") libraries for both /lib and /lib64

- run some xusers script lines from installation batch once more

- changed /etc/hosts

- changed firewall settings on opensuse (with itables)

- wrote another script in /etc/sysconfig/networks

- started with startsap n4shost (instead of startsap)

- changed license-file, as hardware id has been changed.

and maybe something more

and don't forget to prey often enough

iwan_santoso4
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info. I got stuck because the libstdc++.so.5 could not be found to get the hardware key. After I saw your post, I do have to force it to install the 64 bit version. I'm having issue starting the database at the moment. Just rebooted the system, and try it again. Hopefully it works this time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, 64-bit Version to /lib64 and 32-bit Version to /lib. They both are needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iwan, are you going to try to develop with Java on SAP? Do you have NWDS 7.0 already?

iwan_santoso4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alexei,

I'm planning to do development from ABAP side. I need tha Java engine to set up the Adobe Document Service. Unfortunately, the Java engine is not up properly. I have separate post on this. So at this moment, I do not even install NWDS at all.

Regards,

Iwan