cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data migration in SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

we have open sales oders partially delivered and invoiced and we are migrating data to another SAP system. do we need to close all those or is there any other option that we can do the del and invoicing later? please advice.

regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

It would make sense only to load the open quantity of the sales order during the migration. This way the fully delivered sales order items would not need to be loaded again.

Therefore you would only have one data loading for sales orders.

Actually you might think of doing an automatic data loading for new orders and maybe a manual data loading for open documents (already partially delivered).

Best Regards

Franck Lumpe

Freelance SAP Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply. I will put my question this way.

Can we migrate partial delivered and partial invoiced orders into the new SAP system or should we close all the partial delivered, invoiced orders? can u suggest the best alternative? will there be any problems if we migrate all the partial orders and later close in the new system.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can u suggest the best alternative?

Use the Force, Raj!

Joke apart, it depends on your business requirements for the migration but it makes sense to finish the business flow in each system.

should we close all the partial delivered, invoiced orders?

If the order is partially delivered in system 1, yes you can decide to set a reject the remaining items (VBAP-ABGRU field) and therefore this sales order will be closed in system 1.

For the remaining quantity (was open quantity in the sales order), you can go to system 2 and create a new sales order. The customer will get a first delivery (and billing document) from system 1 and then a second delivery (and billing document) from system 2, and everything will be OK.

As I said IMHO this process can be manual (responsibility of the Key User), if the number of open document is low (less than 100). To get the information of open documents you might want to manually generate the delivery note in system 1, print the data and then afterwards delete the delivery and reject the remaining sales order item. Quick and dirty solution.

Can we migrate partial delivered and partial invoiced orders into the new SAP system

I would not try to replicate a delivery already introduced in system 1 into system 2. That seems complicated and not necessary; you would probably end-up with duplicate information. The number ranges would also not be the same.

Hope it helps,

Franck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Raj

Answers (0)