cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Parameter wrong SessionExpirationPeriod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have set the parameter "SessionExpirationPeriod" to a wrong value with the visuall admin tool (time out value now 5 sec.). Now I can login to the J2EE engine not longer than 5 sec (after 5 sec i get the timeout message). This is not enough to reset the parameter to default. Any idea how can I reset this parameter?

Best regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Configtool may have the same property. Try to reset it, may work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had exported the server configuration with configtool before I changed the parameter with visual administrator. After I detected my mistake, I imported the server configuration with the configtool succesfully.

But the problem still exist. so that it seems that configtool and visual administrator not have the same server configuration. How can I change this parameter with the shell console?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also made the unfortunate mistake of setting the SessionExpirationPeriod too low.

You can set it to e.g. 100sec by using the following command after you logged on to the telnet console; 123456150 is the cluster-id of the servernode where you want to change:

SETSP -p SessionExpirationPeriod 100000 123456150 security

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

This is a really old thread, but I will reply since this gave me some trouble and I couldn't find anything else helpful online other than this. I set ours too low as well, and it was causing everything to expire before I could even get back in to change the setting. If you set this in VA and now you can't get in to fix it, then this can be fixed through configtool, but you have to go to "Instance -> Server -> Services -> Security" and the setting for this is under the "local" values and shown on the lower half of the screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

see above solutions