cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make VPRS Mandatory at billing, not at Sale Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to make VPRS mandatory at Billling (VF01)....

I know that as a std setting. it can be made mandatory from Pricing Procedure in SD.. But that will prevent creation of Sale Order

What the user wants it it shud allow creation of sale order, but at VF01, it shud hard stop.... So that the user goes and updates the VPRS price in Sale Order by means of "Update/Re-determine Price" Feature in Sale order

Any ideas?

Regards

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can write code in the formula of VPRS in transaction VOFM

IF KOMK-VBTYP = 'M'. "M for invoice

IF XKWERT IS INITIAL. "Value for VPRS = 0

MESSAGE ......

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it is possible just mainatin the different pricing procedure for billing using different document pricing procedure.make the vprs as mandatory as per standard. In the order make it as optional.

But what is the logic in this.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

How do we make it optional in SO, but mandatory in Billing

In my case, I have observed certain postings in production where billing documenmts got posted w/o VPRS price

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sure u must be aware of the use of vprs cond type.

its the cost which directly flows from the material master to the pricing proc in sales order or billing doc.

so if u have the same pric proc in s/o and billing doc, and r using vprs cond type, then the cost value will flow on its own from mat master.

Secondly, u want the price to come in invoice and if not there then it should stop invoice. the user will go back to s/o and update the price.

the system doesn't work like that for vprs cond. if there in the pric proc, system will automatically fetch the value from mat master and populate in s/o and subsequently in invoice.

if any other doubt, pl write.

rgs,

ak