cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Basis administrators role on new dimensional products like BW, EP, SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have been working as a SAP basis administrator and still fail to understand what are the main administrative roles as a SAP BASIS administrator on new dimentional products like BW, EP, SRM, MDM etc. aprt from installing them and basic security work.

The respective technical consultants are already present like BW consultant, EP consultant but in the intervies/job portals they ask a SAP Basis administrator for administrative experience on new dimentional products.

Can anyone clear these doubts.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My opinion if it need for your enterprise (and you can learn it on sap courses for example) not problem to administrate this products, every BW or EP or SRM has a part of Basis adm. and every of them are on ABAP or JAVA .... But special settings and configuring BW for example are under BW administartors protection...

It differs from the opportunities of Enterprises and knowledge of a particular person ...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sergo for the answer. Many of the job portals are looking for SAP Basis with BW or EP so I am trying to understand what they really mean. So are there any special topics in BW, EP, SRM that a Basis administrator must know?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Zaheer,

What these portal postings mean is they want Basis administrator with experience in BW / EP implementations so that he is aware of the issues / problems/ fixes with those implementations so that you will be able to solve the Basis issues quicker !

Regards,

Veera

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess the best way to find out is actually work in these areas. Thank you all for the replies.