cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in role assignments..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sirs,

I have created a portal application and deployed the par file to the server. I have also created the iViews and pages needed and assigned it to a workset. I have created a role and assigned the role to the created workset. I have also created a user under this role.

I would like to load the page which is created in the PCD when the user logs in to the server.

How can we make it possible to load the created page when the user logs in to portal as the default page?

Can you please forward any links which demonstrates the above functionality?

Best regards,

Sudheesh...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe if you open up the Role, and click properties on the page that you want as default, then set the Sort Priority accordingly, your page should show up first.

-dl

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheesh,

If the user has only this role,

Go to the workset and open the properties of it.

There will be a property "Entry Point" make it to true.

So that the user can see the top level navigation.

And on click then this iView will be shown automatically. If there is onely one workset then this iView will be shown automatically on logon.

Thanks and regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is one way..

Another way is creating default desktop. In system administration u can create a desktop and u can create rules like if user1 login page1 should be shown, and if user2 login page2 should be shown etc.

documentation in help.sap.com has the details abt how to create desktop and assign to different users or roles

sujesh