Inherits CombinedDestination

Public Overrides Property ConnectionString() As String

Get

End Get

Set(ByVal Value As String)

End Set

End Property

End Class

when i complie the code, it gives the error ConnectionString is not overidable because it is a part of internal class of CombinedDestination class. How we can hide internal class property ConnectionString

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume you want to hide destination.Internal.ConnectionString, because it contains the cleartext password?

You either hide the whole "Internal" property (I write C# syntax):

[Browsable(false)]

public new IDestination Internal
{
  get
  {
     return base.Internal;
  }
}

But this would hide all properties that don't appear on first level, e.g. SSO stuff.

You could inhertit some classes from Destination, SAPLogonDestination and so on and override ConnectionString to make it invisible. But then you would need to tell CombinedDestination's TypeConverter to use the other (inherited) classes.

You could also write a Designer (that contains a PropertyFilter) or some CustomTypeDescriptor or other fance stuff.

In the end it may be simpler to create your own replacement of CombinedDestination or to create a custom login form that fits your needs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I click on the Internal property of CombinedDestination, It will shown all the property except ConnectionString because it shows password. Internal is based on DestinationType of CombinedDestination. I can inherit some class from Destination and SAPLogonDestination. But, I don't know how to control through DestinationType of CombinedDestination.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See other thread.

Answers (0)