cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade R/3 4.6(MS SQL) to ECC6(MS SQL),Please Help~!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All:

I need to upgrade R/3 4.6(MS SQL 2005) to ECC6(MS SQL).

But i don't know how to do.

I may need to use VMware to make a simulation first.

Can anyone tell me how to do it step by step?

or any usefull documents.

More clearer and easier.

Thanks...

Regards

Jack Lee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

You can refer SAP ERP 6.0 Upgrade Master Guide from https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000671159&;

which gives roadmpa for upgrade and you can find upgrade guide also in the same link

regards

ANand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can just give you a overview how the process will be, you have to check the upgrade guide. It has given in detail.

Generally upgrade process will have

1. OS Upgrade

2. Database Upgrade

3. SAP component Upgrade

i. SAP PREPARE Phase

ii. SAPup Phase

4. Post upgrade procedures

In PREPARE Phase we will define all the parameters, path of the upgrade medias, create new tablespacecs. We have to solve all the issues raised in this phase, If complete this face sucessfully without any error. There is 70% chance of going with smooth upgrade process

In SAPup phase actual component upgrade will happen, in the initial stage a screen will appear stating like

'Continue with options selected in SAP PREPARE Phase" Yes/No

Its recommended to select yes. Here only we will define the upgrade strategy(Downtime Minimized or Resource Minimized).

After completing the SAPup phase, check the upgrade guide no. of post upgrade steps are there to perform.

Hope it helps

Regards

KT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look for the Combined Upgrade and Unicode Conversion Guide. This gives the process for going from 4.6 to 6. Don't even consider skipping the Unicode conversion, it'll only come back and bite you later.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Please check in the below link where you can get all the standard documents from SAP.

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/swdc

Regards,

Yoganand.V