cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR 5.3 - Alerts Log not capturing data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are implementing RAR 5.3 and by know we have upgraded to the latest RAR and RTA support package (SP 5).

We created an alert log file "alertlog.txt" in the GRC server, and we specified the path to this file in RAR under Configuration > Miscellaneous > Alert Log filename & Location, and then we ran the "Generate action log" under the "Alert Generation" option in Configuration. The job ended without errors but the alert log file didn't capture any data (is empty).

I wanted to make sure that this file can be accessed by RAR but as oppose previous releases where we had an option in Debugger to go and access a file ("View File / Dir" option) it appears that in this release that is not possible (Is there another way to check that in this version??).

Nevertheless, the file should be access OK by RAR since the job ended without errors.

Does anyone have this feature of "Generate Action Log" working in this release??

Any ideas of what could be the problem of action log not capturing data???

Regards,

Pablo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

What do you mean by "alert log file will not be loaded in 5.3" and "that file is for someother purpose"? Are you saying that the alert log feature doesn't work in 5.3?

Regards,

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Prior to 5.3, the alert entries are stored in both frontend DB tables and alert log file. After 5.3, the entries

are stored in DB only and not in file. Hence file is not needed.

Thanks

Prem

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Thanks again for your reply.

If after version 5.3 the action log is stored in DB only and not in file, I still have a couple of questions:

1) Which is de RAR table where the action logs are stored?

2) Why I don't see any records populated in "Transaction Usage" table when I click either on "Remove access from user" or "Delimit access for user" options in the "Risk Resolution" screen? This is the main driver to make the action log working, since it will help a lot during risk remediation.

3) Why this change is not mentioned in the latest configuration guide (Version 2.12 u2013 December 2008)? The procedure described for the alert generation/action log is the same as previous versions.

Regards,

Pablo Vaquero

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The alert log file will not be loaded in 5.3. That is only in 5.2. That file is for someother purpose.

Thanks

Prem