cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP proxy client sending to XI by using the WEB Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I need to send a request to Third part vendor server by using the Web service in syncronous mode and get the response back

Which adaptor do I need to use either SOAP or WS adaptor in PI 7.1 version on the receiver side,

Please provide the link if there is any scenario exists (ABAP Proxy to Webservice)

Thanks

PR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone provide any sample scenario(Examples) for ABAP Proxy to SOAP Adapter,

Former Member
0 Kudos

ws adapter allows ws-RM, saml and other ws standard. If your third party web service doesn't accept RM, you should use SOAP. My recommendation is to use soap adapter. however if you have requirement of RM or SAML, then you have no choice, but to use ws adapter.

BTW, ws adapter allows configuring direct web service call in which the scenario is configured in PI, but the runtime does not involve PI.

Jayson

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

exactly.

if there's no mapping involved whatsoever (and you can always avoid mappings by using the same message structures from the external wsdl in both outbound and inbound interfaces) and the communication is 1:1 (always the same sender and receiver, no routing), you could use direct communication.

You can configure direct communication in PI Integration Builder, but in runtime XI won't be used, though you can still monitor the outbound message in the Integration Engine (SXMB_MONI) where your client proxy will be executed.

Best regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Are you saying that you cannot use the WS adapter if you need a mapping? Because I was looking at using the WS adapter because it supports SAML but my interface will need a mapping.

Regards,

JM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will have to use SOAP adapter. Use WS adapter only if direct communication without mapping is required.

Regards,

Prateek

Edited by: Prateek Raj Srivastava on Jan 9, 2009 8:03 PM