Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACK send back but which Idoc Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following scenario(party):

R3 -> XI -> Http

I am send orders from the R3 via XI to a customer. I'll get an status from the Http-Adapter that I want to send back to the R3. The definition for sending back are all done and fine. I've 2 Idoc-Adapter (Receiver). Adapter A is an old on used in an other scenario and the new on (adapter-B) with the special setting. When I am receiving the ACK from the HTTP-adapter how can I define wich idoc-Adapter has to be used. My problem ist that the adapter A is used which don't have the necessary settings and can't be changed. How/where can I define to use the adapter b for sendign back tke ACK to the R3.

Regards Jami

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In receiver determination, under configured receivers, specify the condition depending on

which the adapter should be used.

If the condition is satisfied, the adapter will accept messages coming from the corresponding business service.

Regards,

Smitha

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I found the solution. XI will use a idoc-adapter with the name "Ack_Idoc" for this. So I defined this one and it works.

Regards Jami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jami,

Receiver adapters that run on the Adapter Engine support system acknowledgments if they are requested by the sender. Acknowledgements are triggered when a message is successfully processed by the adapter or if an error occurs while it is being processed. Receiver adapters do not support application acknowledgments. The RNIF and CIDX adapters are exceptions to this rule, since they also support scenario-dependent application acknowledgments. Sender adapters of the Adapter Engine do not request any acknowledgments.

There is a guide to handle idoc acknowledgements, in sap xi. please refer,"how to handel acknowledgements for idoc" at,

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/nw-howtoguides

Have look at "How To Handle Acknowledgments for IDoc" .

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f6d2d790-0201-0010-9382-b50...

I hope this clears all your doubts.

Regards,

abhy

PS: AWARD POINTS FOR HELPFUL ANSWERS.

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jami,

What could be done is, you can configure your receivers in such a way that it would use the adapter which you want to. Just specify the necessary conditions in your receiver determination.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to clarify my problem. My scenario is a party scenario and it's defined with a standard receiver determination (R3 to Http). My XI is configured to send back an ACK from Http-Adapter. there is nothing in the directroy defined to do this (receiver determination or so). I think the way back to for the ACK to the r3 ist taken out of the hoplist. there seemss to be no place where I can define the outbound idoc-adaper which. That mean XI select the adapter what is in principle fine when you have only one adapter but I have 2 of them and have to select.

Regards Jami

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jami..

Can you be bit clear?

Are you posting http acknowledgemnet as an Idoc back into R/3?Please clarify.