Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User name conflict

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All -

I created a new user JOE SMITH instead of JOHN SMITH. He logged on and saw his profile as JOE SMITH. I went in and corrected it back to JOHN SMITH and asked him to check. He replied back to me as negative. The SU01 screen shows him as JOHN SMITH. He replied back to me as may be in some Database, it might still be JOE SMITH. How do i change it to JOHN SMITH in his " Goods receipt purchase order " or "Display Material Document "? The reason being, he sent me these 2 screen shots.

Thnx

Reel

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reel,

Once you have done the changes you can ask the user to log off once from his SAP account and then relogin again and check.

If not the user can change his name through the transaction SU3 - Maintain user profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

> How do i change it to JOHN SMITH in his " Goods receipt purchase order " or "Display Material Document "?

You would need to change ALL of the PO's etc as well.

Joe is now a different user ID than what John is. Data created by John remains untouched.

Same goes for renaming user ID's.

Cheers,

Julius