cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are trying to customize the ESS and we need to know the DC I need to modify to hide a button in Road Map for the FPM in the Bank Information depending a certain condition.

Another question is, there is any documentation from SAP about what particular DC used for.

Could you please help on this,

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

You will find the buttons for this ESS application in DC: ess/per

This DC is used by several ESS apps to provide a framework for backend connection, buttons, link lists, etc...

Mostly used by Personal Information apps like Personal Data, Family Members, Address, Bank Details, etc...

Modifications done to this DC will be applied to ESS apps that use it - see above - after you synced the DC usage and you need to be careful because of this.

Please also note that if you do an SP upgrade for ESS then you will need to re-apply you modifications.

Hope that helps,

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harald

Thanks very much, but my point is once I have made changes to the ess~per how can I deploy those changes to get reflected in the portal. In DCs like ess/per/data, ess/per/address, I just go to the application and Deploy New Archive and Run and I see the changes reflected but I do know how to do it in the common component (ess/per).

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no Application section in the ess~per DC....so just right click on the Component and select Deploy....and it will be refected onto the portal...

Shikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

You will need to create activity for you DC change and then you can locally deploy the changes to test them. I recommend to sync DC's in all ESS apps that use DC ess~per to ensure that the modified deployed DC is used in the ESS apps.

After you tested everything you can then checking the activity and transport it.

:-)Harald

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The DC name for ESS Banks Information webdynpro is essusbanks....you will see others for banks for the country specific ones....

Regards,

Shikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shikhil

This essusbank is using the DC ess~per which seems to be a common component for all the DC in the ESS.

What I do to deploy changes in a DC (like essusbank) is the following:

1. Rebuild the project

2. Go to the Application and click on Deploy New Archive and Run from the Per_Bank_US_13 in this case

The problem is than when I do this the changes in the ess~per are not reflected in the deployment, is there another way to deploy a component that has no application entry point.

Thanks