cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in deploying webdynpro app in WAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have NDS installed on my machine.On another machine we have WAS 6.40 is running.I have configured the SAP J2EE engine property properly in the Windows->preferences option in my Netweaver Developer Studio.

I can see the SAP J2EE running in the 'J2EE Engine ' tab in the developer studio(NDS).

But when I develop a basic weddynpro application and try to deploy it by using 'Deploy new archive and Run' option from the context menu,it asks for the SDM passwd.Can anybody explain when to get this passwd from?

thanx,

Bhupesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The default password for the SDM is 'sdm'. If this doesn't work you have to ask the one who has installed the J2EE Engine for the password.

Regards,

daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I try to deploy using either 'admin' or 'sdm' password,i get the following error

"Server ibm077 did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server ibm077 at port 50018: ibm077".

Is it because of wrong passwd or is it something else?

thanx,

Bhupesh

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi bhuupesh ,

first u check whether the password is correct or not.. might have changed bcoz of security problems..

which port u have entered there in NWDS..

Message Server -- <server name>

Message Port -- hope this is 3601...

3601 == 3600 + <Instance Number>..

note this also...

just restart the SDM itself and test once again...

u can restart the sdm from studio itself...

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kishore and Daniel for the inputs.

I guess I have to wait a bit longer as the basis guy is not around here.

Meanwhile,can you please give a link for the installation guide for WAS6.40 SR1 so that I can learn more on the things are needed before the WAS is developement ready.

thanx,

bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are 'SAPJ2EE Engine' and 'WAS6.40' the one and same thing?Or these are two different things?When one goes for an EP installation,WAS6.40 is a prerequisite I guess.Kindly clarify.

regards,

Bhupesh

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupesh ,

this is the link for installation guide..

http://help.sap.com/bp_bpmv130/Documentation/Installation/PostInstallation_Java.pdf

Actually WAS 6.40 is available in different installations...

with

Java stack only.

Java + ABAP stack ..

This Enterprise Portal is just like a J2EE Application itself.

its prereq is SAP J2EE WAS.. because to run a j2ee app , we need a J2EE server.. this J2EE WAS is available with the Java Stack of WAS.

portal installation is just like deploying the Portal Application on top of SAP J2EE WAS.

hope this help u..

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

<u>its prereq is SAP J2EE WAS.. because to run a j2ee app , we need a J2EE server</u>

That was a nice way of explaining it.But does that mean these things are correct?

1)If I have a WAS for Java installed,i can refer to it as SAP J2EE engine also?

2)Is there a option for WAS with ABAP stack only?If yes,WAS with ABAP stack wont be able to run EP as EP needs a J2EE container to run.

thanx,

Bhupesh

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupesh,

1) Installation of SAP J2EE WAS means u can refer SAP J2EE Engine. both are same ..

2) Stand alone installation of WAS ABAP is also available. evaluation version of is available in SDN itself.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

its not possible with Stand alone ABAP WAS. but its possible with combined Stack installations...(Java + ABAP)..

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupesh,

it is that one u entered at the time of installation of SAP J2EE WAS.

i think by default its password is admin...

just ask your basis guy , which is the password

if u forgot the SDM password , u can reset the password .

steps are described in this forum..

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan