Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

1) What is the difference between

'Release profile' and 'Release to SNP' Tcode /SAPAPO/MC90

2) Is there any way i can release the demand directly to PPDS from DP?

Thanks,

Santhana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You use release profile in case you want to release the job in the background and MC90 is a interactive transaction. I guess the main difference is with the time horizon. In release profile, you have no where to define the release horizon all the demand in the specified planning book time bucket profile is released. Wher as in MC90, you can specify your own horizon.

The forecast in DP once released to Livecache makes no difference being in SNP or PPDS except that PPDS supports descriptive characteristics.

So, releasing demand from SNP and PPDS is same and really speaking it's released from Live cache order series to SP time series.

You can use the transaction /sapapo/lcout for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your reply.

Can you also tell me if we can load constrained plan from PPDS to DP, if so how to do it?

Thanks,

Santhana.

Edited by: Santhana Krishna Raj G on Jan 10, 2009 5:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean by constrained plan? are you asking about the production planned?? We have constrained demand plan in DP that is result of adding sales, marketing input etc..That is what you release to SNP and PPDS infact...I didn't understand the word constrained demand in PPDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

I meant production plan from PPDS, can we load in DP? as we have the option of loading the constrained plan from SNP to DP.

Infact the demand in DP is unconstrained one as we do no check the capacity and other constraints.

Thanks,

Santhana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think you can release the constrained plan from PPDS to DP. The reason is you can release the SNP plan to DP as SNP is a medium to Long term planning and the order dates are planned to day whereas PPDS is a short term planning..with detailed order sequence. The order dates in PPDS are planned to second which is not feasible in DP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanathan,

The transaction /sapapo/locout goives the option to release data from a category group in Live cache to a time series DP planning area.

We usually release the demand back to DP using this transaction but never actually had the requirement to transfer the production to DP....but you can give it a try. You can have the production plan categories summed under a category group and then release this to DP.

Let us know if you could do this.....

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Using TCODE /n/sapapo/lcout we can load the PPDS data in DP.

I used category group as FP1

Thanks,

Santhana.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically Release profile is created when you are releasing the forecast in thebackground (mass processing) and /SAPAPO/MC90 is releasing at foreground with limited inputs. When you reelase the fortecast to SNP it is also available in PPDS as well but it depends on the horizons you maintain in Product master