cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT number on Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a customer that changed the VAT number, the bill to pay and payer and I have a lot of credit notes that I'd like to link to the all invoices (with the old vat number).

So the question is it's possible to change the VAT number in an order? or if I refer to original invoice it will copy it without changing kindly comment.

Thanks & Regards

Bawa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bawa

First of all once as the VAT number gets copied from CMR , so change the VAT number in CMR only and in CMR we have a option of Old VAT number .There you maintain the customer's(KUNNR) old VAT number .

Now in the sales order and then to billing also , you cant change the VAT number at billing level.So at Bill to party & payer levels it is not possible.

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sri!

So this confirms that whatever number is being maintained in CMR at the time of document creation, will be fetch in the document?

What is use of maintaining Old VAT number in CMR, kindly explain.

Thanks alot for helping folks like me who are new to SAP world.

Regards

Bawa

Edited by: Bawa Bawa on Jan 9, 2009 6:48 PM

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bawa

Yes , the number whatever you maintain in CMR will copy at the time of document creation.But the use of maintaining Old VAT number in CMR is , if the VAT number changes then that feild can be used .

If the customer VAT number is not changing then we wont use. that feild

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you mean for reporting purposes we can use old VAT from CMR if maintained, but other wise is there any possibility to get it in document?

Bawa

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bawa

When CMR was created then at the time the VAT no. is 1zzzzzz and the changed VAT no. is 1yyyyyy then its better to take the table and fields of both.Because if you want to see the past data then you should have the old VAT no.(old Vat no feild) and if you want to see the present data of customer then you should have the new VAT no(New VAT no feild) .

So my suggestion is to take both Old VAT no feild and the existing VAT no feild also in your report

Regards

Srinath