cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object History : The Object History is deactivated across the system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

when I try to launch "Menu -> My objects -> Object History", system returns this error "The Object History is deactivated across the system"

In previous version of system (4.6C), there was no problem, now in ECC 6.0, there is this error.

Do you know how I can activated this funtion ?

Thanks by advance, regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nikhil-dalmia
0 Kudos

SGOSHI - TCode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

If you want to activate the object history, you must run the SGOSHI transaction.

after that you can use the menu system, my object, Object History or run the SOHI transaction

I hope will help you

KR

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeremie,

Not sure which transaction you are going to. Anyways what is value of profile parameter rec/client.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the parameter rec/client is set to OFF in all client, but on another system, the value is set ton client, and it's the same error.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

Sorry I did not get the meaning of "the value is set ton client". Please re write.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The value is set on another system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically to clarify if you are checking change history in any client XXX then that client should be mentioned in rec/client. In case of multiple clients you should use commas as seperators. However I am not really sure whether object history and change history are the same. Any hint on the transaction involved would help.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, but on a test system rec/client parameter is set, and there is the same error.

"The Object History is deactivated across the system".

Do you know this error ?

Between, the system before the migration and after, no parameter has changed !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

below you can view the response of SAP :

"Dear Customer,

Please check the note

#492756 - Object history: Disk space performance

Use the report RSSGOSHIRE to activate the object history.

"

The RSSGOSHIRE report should be scheduled in the background for reorganization --> do you know the frequence for launch this report ?

Regards, Jeremie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeremie,

I don't think you should schedule it is a periodic job for reorganization purposes because then basically you are removing object histories even when you might want to retain them. Better idea is to do it as a one time activity! and re-run as and when required.May be consult SAP also for it. However I think the purpose of running this report is to activate object history so I believe it should be a one time activity.

Additionally for more info on this report please check : 1084592 and 602241 also.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay my understanding of reorganization was that it would delete the object history..which it does not.

I would recommed checking with SAP on the periodicity of the job.

Regards.

Ruchit.