Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES with multiple languages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed SAP ECC6.0 IDES.The log on language and all data are in English.

Can I configure my regional language in this IDES and create data (say create invoice)in my regional language?

Awaiting for reply,

Thanks and Regards,

Moulinath Ray

5 REPLIES 5

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - you can do that - you have to import your local language (if it's available) from the DVDs.

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I checked that my regional language is available.Now can you please let me know the exact place in service market place fron where I can download the language pack DVDs.

Another doubt is, when installing my regional language,

which of the following should I add in the instance profile parameter "zcsa/installed_languages?

My regional language code

or

(ii)The 'long string' which I am getting after clicking on "simulation" button of Tcode I18N?

Thanks and Regards,

Moulinath Ray

0 Kudos

According to Note 1244548 - IDES ERP 6.0 ECC 6.0 SR3:

<...>

The system already contains more than 20 languages. Use transaction SMLT to check the status and set the system profile parameter zcsa/installed_languages accordingly to use them.

<...>

so no need to install additional languages manually.

Check with transaction SMLT if your language (Spanish?) is available, then add "S" to the parameter zcsa/installed_languages and restart the system. Logon then in "ES".

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I just want to logon with chinese, but after i changed zcsa/installed_languages into 1DE and tries to logon with ZH, only got messy code show up...

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you install the IDES system as Unicode ?

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG