cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand Planning Desktop > Selector > Drilldown - Can someone explan usage?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my SCN peers,

I'm currently writing our end-user documentation for the Demand Planning. I've stubled over the Drilldown functionality which is described in the documentation at [Interactive Demand Planning Desktop|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/73/3e116a347111d398290000e8a49608/frameset.htm] in the "The Selector" as:

"Drilldown - The system takes the complete current selection into account and determines the characteristics for which no entries have been made. When you select a characteristic, the possible values appear in the info objects area. In general, this function is used more in DP."

I've tried it but I do not get only objects which are not maintained. Can someone exlan that functiononality better?

Best regards

Gregor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Drill down functionality is used in DP. Let me explain you with an example.

Say you have a product 'ProdA' at location 'Loc1' and 'Loc2'with Sales Org as 'SO1'..possible CVCs are

ProdALoc1SO1

ProdALoc2SO1

Now in the selection profile if you select only the product and load the data, the data will be displayed at the aggregate level. Now when you click on the drill down icon it will display all the possible characterstics in the drop down, when you click the Location, it will display two rows with Loc1 and Loc2 as selection criteria.you can now load the individual selections.

Please let us know if do not get anything

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

thank you for your quick response. I've got it now.

So the sentence "The system takes the complete current selection into account and determines the characteristics for which no entries have been made." is misleading. I can use the Drilldown in the Selector like the Drilldown in the Header Area. The benefit is that I do select less data and that could be a performance benefit.

Best regards

Gregor

Answers (0)