cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of numerical document from a content server to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We choose the SAP content server for our numerical archiving (outgoing invoices, ...)

We need to do migration from an external content server for one of our sites.

The invoices files of this site are in an external server and we would like to put it in SAP content server and keep the link between the archive and the invoices.

I hope it's clear

Thanks

Véronique

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For such scenarios you can make use of BAPI..

Thank You,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your answer but could you explain more in details what you mean.

Do you mean that I can use a BAPI to upload the file from the external content server to import it in the SAP content server ?

This BAPI uses Archive Link ?

thanks

Véronique

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need for BAPI. There are standard tools for the migration of data from one content server to another, including archivelink. Where I would suggestion you use abap is to write a report to check the integrity of the data after the migration (i.e. make sure all the files were moved). We have picked up issues in the past where not all the files were moved.

Check note number 1043676

Symptom

You have created a new repository, and would like to migrate the ArchiveLink Documents to the new repository.

Other terms

Migration of documents, ArchiveLink, repository

Reason and Prerequisites

This report helps migration of ArchiveLink documents.

To use this report effectively, you would need to ensure that you apply the note 732436. However, this note will allow the migration of documents from and to type of repositories which are supported by ArchiveLink. The types of repositories that are supported by ArchiveLink are HTTP, RFC and R/3 Database.

Solution

Before you execute the report, you must set up a repository that can

store the documents (transaction OAC0). The repository may be in an

external archive(connected via HTTP or RFC) or (as of Basis Release 6.10) in the OLTP database of the SAP system. You can also use SAP Content Server as an external archive for storing documents.

The report has the following parameters:

OLD_ARC ID of the old repository previously used

NEW_ARC ID of the new repository

TEST_RUN: If you enable this, only a test run occurs, copy of documents does not occur.

DEL_FILE: If you enable this, then the files would be deleted from the old repository.

Launch the transaction SE38 and create a program with the name ZMIGRATE_ARCHIVELINK_FILES. Once the program is created, now copy the code from the correction instruction.

Edited by: Athol Hill on Jan 12, 2009 7:28 PM

Answers (0)