cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed after system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after a system copy with backup and restore, the J2EE Engine NW70 SP9 is not starting anymore.

I have already changed the profile parameter and everything within the config tool.

But the UME is not starting.

I changed to database only, activated the sap* user without any success.

Any more ideas?

std_server.out:

com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: Start of UME service failed. Check help topic "Start

of UME Service Failed". Technical details: null

ume.db.connection_pool_type=SAP/BC_UME

ume.db.connection_pool.j2ee.xatransactions_used=false

ume.db.connection_pool.j2ee.is_unicode=false

ume.db.connection_pool.j2ee.oracle_native_driver_used=false: (No text available)

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.ja

va:398)

at com.sap.engine.frame.ApplicationFrameAdaptor.start(ApplicationFrameAdaptor.java:3

1)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFra

me(ServiceRunner.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144

)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:81)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:107)

Caused by: com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.PersistenceException: null

ume.db.connection_pool_type=SAP/BC_UME

ume.db.connection_pool.j2ee.xatransactions_used=false

ume.db.connection_pool.j2ee.is_unicode=false

ume.db.connection_pool.j2ee.oracle_native_driver_used=false: (No text available)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.DataBasePersistence.init(DataBas

ePersistence.java:887)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.<init>(Prin

cipalDatabagFactoryInstance.java:446)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.newInstance(Princip

alDatabagFactory.java:164)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(Princip

alDatabagFactory.java:117)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(Princip

alDatabagFactory.java:63)

at com.sap.security.core.InternalUMFactory.initializeUME(InternalUMFactory.java:221)

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.ja

va:287)

[Framework -> criticalShutdown] Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE

Engine cannot be started.

Jan 9, 2009 11:37:37 AM com.sap.engine.core.Framework [SAPEngine_System_Thread[i

mpl:5]_72] Fatal: Critical shutdown was invoked. Reason is: Core service com.sap.security.co

re.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

</verbosegc>

Thank you Timm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vendel_seedorff1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. Also have made a local client copy of client 000 using SAP_CUST to my "production" client 100.

Was then doing all other initial setup of Solman in client 100. I want to keep the original 000,001 clients as clean as possible and only use them when absolutely needed.

After all the initial setup was done and I did have my Landscape, with Logical systems,components,SLD and so on I wanted to change so that also the Java was pointing to client 100.

Did the change in Visual Admin for the Jco and then also changed in nwa system setting.

After that the system wanted me to restart the Java...then things was messed up.

Have a single box installation with both abap+java. Local SLD. It's currently Solution manager 4.0 SP14.

I'm not able to login to Visual Admin...either as j2ee_admin or sap*. Getting error message "Cannot open connection on host x.x.x.x port 8101". If I change in the adminCFG.properties to "connection.0.LookupMethod=message_server" I will only get "unable to lookup connection default".

So I'm using instead "connection.0.LookupMethod=direct".

Abap and Central Service Instances are running.

Any help would be appreciated

vendel_seedorff1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. Also have made a local client copy of client 000 using SAP_CUST to my "production" client 100.

Was then doing all other initial setup of Solman in client 100. I want to keep the original 000,001 clients as clean as possible and only use them when absolutely needed.

After all the initial setup was done and I did have my Landscape, with Logical systems,components,SLD and so on I wanted to change so that also the Java was pointing to client 100.

Did the change in Visual Admin for the Jco and then also changed in nwa system setting.

After that the system wanted me to restart the Java...then things was messed up.

Have a single box installation with both abap+java. Local SLD. It's currently Solution manager 4.0 SP14.

I'm not able to login to Visual Admin...either as j2ee_admin or sap*. Getting error message "Cannot open connection on host x.x.x.x port 8101". If I change in the adminCFG.properties to "connection.0.LookupMethod=message_server" I will only get "unable to lookup connection default".

So I'm using instead "connection.0.LookupMethod=direct".

Abap and Central Service Instances are running.

Any help would be appreciated

-

Edit:

the listing from the "std_server0.out" file

-

50.762: [GC 50.763: [ParNew: 107763K->25235K(131328K), 0.2208882 secs] 107763K->25235K(1004800K), 0.2211627 secs]

Service com.sap.security.core.ume.service started. (6619 ms).

Mar 26, 2009 3:28:55 PM ...xt.<init>(UserContextSpi, Properties) [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_14] Fatal: Can not instantiate UserContext with given properties.

service security ================= ERROR =================

Core service security failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.SecurityServiceException: Unexpected exception:

at com.sap.engine.services.security.SecurityServerFrame.start(SecurityServerFrame.java:181)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:152)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseSecurityException: No active userstore is set.

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.UserStoreFactoryImpl.getActiveUserStore(UserStoreFactoryImpl.java:77)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.jaas.LoginModuleHelperImpl.update(LoginModuleHelperImpl.java:405)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.jaas.LoginModuleHelperImpl.<init>(LoginModuleHelperImpl.java:84)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.SecurityContextImpl.<init>(SecurityContextImpl.java:58)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.SecurityServerFrame.start(SecurityServerFrame.java:135)

... 5 more

com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.SecurityServiceException: Unexpected exception:

at com.sap.engine.services.security.SecurityServerFrame.start(SecurityServerFrame.java:181)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:152)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseSecurityException: No active userstore is set.

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.UserStoreFactoryImpl.getActiveUserStore(UserStoreFactoryImpl.java:77)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.jaas.LoginModuleHelperImpl.update(LoginModuleHelperImpl.java:405)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.jaas.LoginModuleHelperImpl.<init>(LoginModuleHelperImpl.java:84)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.SecurityContextImpl.<init>(SecurityContextImpl.java:58)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.SecurityServerFrame.start(SecurityServerFrame.java:135)

... 5 more

[Framework -> criticalShutdown] Core service security failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

Mar 26, 2009 3:28:55 PM com.sap.engine.core.Framework [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_14] Fatal: Critical shutdown was invoked. Reason is: Core service security

failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understand your question correctly, you want to java stack to be pointing to 100 rather than 001.

If yes then you need to maintain the parameters using the config tool. you should change the master client parameter from 001 to 100. Can search the parameters i the sdn. I really dont remember the parameter.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

thank you for your answer. But I have switched to database only, so I think that I don't need these users.

Kind regards

Timm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check the client 001 whether you have the user sapjsf user and the j2ee_admin user exsists and alos make sure the master client is set to 001 using the config tool.

Regards,

Vamshi.