cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure FTP or FTPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Could you please let me know how to configure a FTP server as secure FTP, by using some SSL certificate.

Also I am not sure what could be the change in adapter that I need to make when I am going in for FTPS rather than normal FTP.

Also should I need to deploy that certificate details anywhere in the XI server...

Please provide inputs

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sFTP and FTPS are totally different concepts.

Since you mentioned you need to configure via certificates, that means you are to use FTPS.

XI supports FTPS by default. All you need is to use the FTPS option in the adapter and upload the corresponding certificate to the keystore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shabarish for your quick reply..

You have mentioned like i need to upload the certificate to the Keystore what does it mean. Something that has to be done by Basis team. Could you please throw more light on it.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

even though this blog is on a different note still it will help you gather information on the keystore concept etc - /people/varadharajan.krishnasamy/blog/2007/05/11/how-to-use-digital-certificates-for-signing-encrypting-messages-in-xi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AaronLong
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

will recomend to us FTPs which is supported by SAP by default.

if you want to use SFTP, you will need a third party adapter. as far as I know, most of them don't really have good performance in most of our customers' experience

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FYI~~~

sFTP - /people/daniel.graversen/blog/2008/12/11/sftp-with-pi-the-openssh-way