cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages taking few seconds to pass through Adapter Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am dealing with Synchronous scenarios.Sender is SOAP adapter and receiver is proxy.

When I monitor the message monitoring audit log for Adapter engine I can see in the message is taking 4-5 seconds to reach the Integration engine from the SOAP sender adapter.

This delay is in the Audit log when the message goes from the step "Trying to put the message into the call queue" to "Message successfully put into the queue".

Is there any setting by which I can eliminate this delay time in adapter.

Can somebody help me out on this?

Note : CPU Utilisation is around 7 % and there are around 700000 messages per day.

Thanks,

Zabiulla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Local Bundling done and Solved..

Thanks.

AaronLong
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The slowness seems in the messaging system of the Adapter engine itself.

can you post your audit log here ?

Can you check the consumers thread usage via

http://host:port/MessagingSystem/monitor ?

How many system thread and application thhread do you configure for your SAP J2EE engine ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My thinking: the time is taken in mapping and sending to proxy and getting its response back.....so my suggestion is that you can optimize your msg mapping to take less processing time and even the proxy code to quickly process the req msgs..........Moreover if you have such large number of synch req msgs coming to XI, i will advise you to redesign your scenarios and make your scenarios asynch.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

But I have kept the mapping out of XI.

It's just message transfer from XI point of view with out mapping (Both in request and response).

The problem is not in the integration engine as I have mentioned above.

The problem is when the message is transferred from queue to Integration engine.

Regards,

Zabiulla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zabiulla,

it's a performance tunning task. Unfortunately most of the actions SAP suggested for performance tunning are aimed at async communication, for SOAP, what you can at least try is to: Instead of using the SOAP sender adapter, you can directly send a SOAP request to the entry point of the Integration Engine pipeline bypassing the Adapter Engine. As a prerequisite, the URL/query string should include the XI parameters like in the example below:

http://<server>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry&version=3.0&Sender.Service=<YourService>&Interface=<...;

Try this to bypass adatper engine, this should help in your case.

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another possibility is to change your sync. to async.

For async communication, SAP has suggested multiple solution to improve performance, like increase queue number of Parallel message processing, message packing, etc. (please search xi performance tunning in SDN) The question is if you change change to async.

Jayson

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This seems to be more of performance related, While running the scenario you can monitor the Queues in SMQ1 and SMQ2. If messages are there in SMQ1 and SMQ2 then you need to do performance tuning.

Look at the doc.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ada5ef-0201-0010-1f8b-c935e444...

Thanks!