cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSMobile Service Language vs User Language

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd like to know how to configure the Mobile Service in such a way that users do not have to specify a language when logging on.

The users are created as dialog users and have their language setup in the user master data.

I found the following in the ITSMobile documentation:

1. If the Mandatory Logon Data flag has been set for a service in Transaction SICF, the system uses the language that was entered there.

2. If this is not the case, but the HTTP request contains the language in the HTTP header (as a header or a form field), you log onto the system using this language.

3. The browser settings of the calling client are then used. The system selects as the logon language the first language from the list that is maintained in the browser, and which is also installed in the SAP system.

The language list is specified using the HTTP header field accept-language.

Note

With Internet Explorer, you can for example set the language you require by choosing Tools ® Internet Options ® Languages.

4. If no language is defined by this process, the classic SAP system mechanisms are used. The logon language is based on the user settings (in transaction SU01) and if nothing is entered here, the default language of the SAP system is used automatically.

My settings are:

- Alternative logon procedure

- No language settings via HTTP request/URL

- All languages removed from the browser language settings

In the alternative logon procedure the language dropdown is set to blank.

In the logon error pages/system configuration the language dropdown is set to blank

Still SAP does not take the user settings from the user master data.

Anyone an idea?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

You can remove the Language field from the logon page by going to transaction SICF, double clicking on the service you want to change and going to the Error Pages tab. For the Logon Errors tab select the System Logon radio button and then the Configuration button. Now select the Define Service-Specific Settings and then uncheck the Language display. Save and you'll notice that there is no more language field on the logon page.

On my system it does not use the user's predefined logon language though, it is using the first language of the browser. This is because the browser always sends a language preference.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for your relply Edgar.

I have set it up like you stated above - removing the language dropdown on the logon screen.

But as you come to say, this does not solve problem.

Reading through the logon page's source (HTML) I can see it has a hidden input field ~sap-language set to EN even if the language is not set at all...

I really don't know how to solve this.

Based on the SAP documentation, it should be possible to have it user-dependant (user master data that is).

I want my users to login via an RF device with as little hassle as possible.

Therefore I really need their language to be taken over from their user master data.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

Where in the ITS Mobile documentation did you find the originally posted reference?

Maybe the best thing to do is to provide a URL with the sap-language for different language user groups. They would just need to click on the correct URL and not enter a language then.

Edgar