cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designing a view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) While using drag and drop for designing a view, the controls are positioned at pre-defined (by the system) places in the layout. How do we re-arrange the controls on the layout and place them where we want them at design time?

2) Which control do we use as a frame where we want to include multiple labels and input boxes. For eg in TCode VA01 of SAP R/3, there are multiple labels and input boxes arranged in a frame named organizational data.

Thanks and Regards,

Jayesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

While using drag and drop for designing a view, the controls are positioned at pre-defined (by the system) places in the layout. How do we re-arrange the controls on the layout and place them where we want them at design time?

When we design the view, the UI element are arranged according to the layout selected. SAP recommends the use of MATRIX layout. Try using it in your view.

Which control do we use as a frame where we want to include multiple labels and input boxes. For eg in TCode VA01 of SAP R/3, there are multiple labels and input boxes arranged in a frame named organizational data

For this reqm, i would suggest that you create a transparent container first, set its layout as matix layout. To bring the UI element in the new line, just set its LAYOUT DATA property as MatrixHeadData.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what I have tried.

Have added a label and input field on the layout. LayoutData property of the label is MatrixHeadData.

1) However in this case the label and the input field are on the same line, but the gap between the 2 is quite big. How do I bring them closer?

Have added a transparent container under which I have added labels and input fields for Sales Org, Distribution Channel and Division. Layout Property for transperant container is MatrixLayout and Layout Data Property for transperaent container is MatrixHeadData

For the labels the Layout Data property is MatrixHeadData. For the inputfields the LayoutData property is set to MatrixData and hAlign property is set to forcedLeft

2) The label and Input Field combinations are on individual lines, but the gap between the 2 lines is huge. How do we reduce the gap between the 2 lines.

3) How do get the label and the Input field closer on the same line.

Thanks,

Mick

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

You have added the labels and input input field in a transparent container, right? Now to reduce the gap between the 2 UI element in the same line, just set the WIDTH of the transparent container. You can either give the value in % (like 50%: then the container will occupy 50% of the screen), or You can set the width in pixels (like 200 px etc). I would suggest that you set the width using %.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arjun.

This helps. But how can we get the same type of container that we see in VA01, where I can have Organisational Data on top of the container?

Mick

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

Web dynpro abap tool has some limitations. So you can't get the exact copy of that kind of container. But you can try GROUP UI element. It looks bit different that the container you demand but if has an option to enter the heading.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Arjun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered