cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do Goods Issue from Sales Order Stock?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we are doing a trading Scenario & based on customer requirement we procure the goods from our vendor & we receive it to Sales Order(special) Stock. Now what are the settings to be done in the Sales/Shipping so that when we do a delivery for our customer the Stock is Issued from our Un-res Sales Order Stock & not from un-res stock ?

Hope its clear.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your requirement seems to be similar to the standard process of INDIVIDUAL PURCHASE ORDER. I am still confused with your requirement. Please go thro the documentation on Individaul purchase order and check if this suits you.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If you can share some inputs regarding the Process flow for Individual Purchase order Scenario .

it will be very helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You please enter a goods receipt through transaction *MB31* and not through MB1C.

specify

*"Movement type- 101*",

*Assembly order number* -- (the assembly order number generated for your sales order which you can find in the schedule line of the item in "procurement" button/tab. Do not put the Sales order number here).

Plant ---

Storage location -

After filling up all the above data, click on "Adopt+Details" button and then save it.

Now, you check the stock in the transaction code MMBE. You will find stock has been received under "Sales order stock".

When you will create a Delivery , picking , packing(if relevant) and ultimately when you will do PGI then this "Sales order stock" will be finished.

Remember, you can deliverey this stock for any other order. It is meant for that particular order only.

So, do the above Shipping process and after completion of PGI, check the stock through MMBE. You will find now the stock is not there/finished .

I am sure, there will be no problem now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it Possible to do a Delivery with ref to Inquiry?

if yes, what are the settings required?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

There wont be any Delivery possible from an Inquiry in the standard SAP functionality.

In VoV8 there is no Delivery type assigned to IN, In schedule line category AT there is no movement type assigned.

Ideal flow is create sale order wrt Inquiry and then delivery.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the reply.

As you mentioned in VOV8 there is no delivery type maintained for the inquiry type.

Now since there is a delivery type field available in the inquiry type, I hope we can maintain one there.

Also we can maintain another schedule line category by defining a mov.type.

Now if I maintain the relevant copy control settings from IN-DEL then Is it possible to create a Delivery document from Inquiry?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i told ,it is not a standard functionality, but if you change all the settings for IN in sale document, item category and schedule line category, the sale document will behave as a OR sale document.

so easy way is copy from OR(std order).

Could you plz explain the scenario

Sam

Edited by: sam masker on Jan 13, 2009 12:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Sorry for not explaining the scenario in the begining.

See I have to configure a trading Scenario with some changes from the std.

As in trading Process there are 3 entities.

1. Customer - X

2. Company - Y (Who performs trading)

3. Vendor - Z

Following is the breif requirment.

Company Y generated an inquiry in system for an item with respect to customers RFQ. Now since Y doesnt manufacture the product(item) it creates a PR in background with respect to inquiry.

Based on this PR, Y procures & receives the good into Un-restricted Sales Order Stock (with ref Inquiry doc no:).

Now based on price Quoted by Z, Y will create a Quotation with ref to inquiry & finally a SO for Customer - X with ref to the Quotation.

Now at the time of delivery (creatd with ref SO) system is not able to issue the goods from the sales order stock since the stock is stored with ref to inquiry no: & delivery is with ref to SO.

So I am planning to simulate a cycle by creating a delivery & PGI with ref to Inquiry.

If you can suggest a way out, it will be highly appreciable.

Hope its clear.

Regards,

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When the whole process happens for a single customer X how can the stocks go to unrestricted?

It should be maintained as a sales order stock in inventory

For this you have reserve stocks against this enquiry thro MB1B t code movement type 412 E

Create an enquiry and with that no in t code MB1B movement type 412 E you can reserve stocks

This is only called sales order stocks

While doing this you may get some warnings which you can ignore and go ahead and save

While creating the delivery input the enquiry no and do the process or if you have created a quotation and subsequent order then you can refer that

Pls try this

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ramanathan,

Thanks for the response.

In my case also the stock is posted to Sales Order Stock only when I do a Goods Receipt. (Sorry I have wrongly mentioned un-res sales order stock.)

So I hope in this case MB1B is not required.

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't believe that 561 is the correct option as this should only be used for initial stock take on...

Can you tell me is the purchase order linked to the sales order i.e. are you using item category TAB in your sales order. This will drive a purchase requisition that uses stock type E. When the purchase req is converted to a purchase order it will set the stock type to E for the goods receipt so that it will be received into customer stock.

Then when you goods issue the stock in the delivery it will automatically choose this stock type.

It also shows the purchase order etc in the document flow of the sales order

Kind regards

Sue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to save the stock with respect to sales order only.

You can go to MB1C and use movement type 561 E for the sales order stock.

Give the plant, storage location, order number and item number.

Save that and check in MMBE that whether sales order stock is created or not.

Now do the delivery for that order and do the PGI to check whether it is reducing stock from sales order or from unrestricted stock.

Still problem exist then let us know

check out this link also http://help.sap.com/bp_bl603/BBLibrary/HTML/146_EN_IN.htm

Regards

Raj.