cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check on Sales order creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I'm trying to set the availablity check on Sales order creation VA01. I need to do this on saving the order. it there an SPRO for this. please help me out on this occation.

many thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

From the item details note down your schedule line category from your sales order

Go to VOV6 and select your schedule line category and in the transaction flow tab put a tick mark in Availability check

Then In sales order Availability check will happen automatically

If you want to know the entire settings of Availability check

Img-sd-basic functions--- Availability check and transfer of requirements

In that availability check

If you go thro all details of all activities you will get a fair idea

Note Availability check always is based on 2 important parameters

1.Checking rule(Transaction based like sale order ,delivery etc pre defined in SAP) and

2. Checking group which we maintain in MMR in sales general plant data and mrp data

The combination of these two form the scope of check which will control the the entire availability check settings

T code OVZ9 here you will see what are all the factors the system should consider during Availability check like incoming POs stocks etc

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Many thanks for your reply. What I'm trying to do here is to check the qty in Sales order at VA01 with stock in the un restricted. can that be posible from this configuration. Please update.

Pubudu.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

what you are trying to do? pls be specific

The entire control for Availability check on Sales order creation lies in t code OVZ9

Pls tell what stock you have in unrestricted and what is your order qty and what you expect from the system?

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need the check the line items when the order is saved with the unrestricted stock for the given line item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think so you want some thing like this.

You want to know whether stock is reducing after saving the sales document or not.

May be I am right or not about your query.

But stock got reduced only after doing the PGI.

You wont see any effect on unrestricted stock after saving the sales document.

If your query is some thing else then please let us know

Regards

Raj.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If there is a stock of 1000 in unrestricted and if you have included sales requirements in OVZ9 (made a tick sales requirements in inward and outward movement) then if you create a order customer X with 100 quantities of that same material stock will be reserved for that customer X with 100 quantities

But if you check in MMBE there wont be any reduction still it will be 1000 only

If that order is delivered and pgi done then only In MMBE stocks will become 900

To have a very proper reservation for that customer it is better to go to t code MB1B movement type 412 E and that will reserve stocks for him with proper material document(reserving for sales order)

If you do that unrestricted becomes 900 and sales order stocks become 100 in MMBE

In case 1 there is chance of your 100 quantities can be reallocated to another customer thro back order processing

In case 2 it is not possible it will be for that order only

Or if you create delivery and dont do PGI then stocks will be reserved for that delivery

But to have stocks reduced from MMBE you have to do PGI

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj

Many thanks on your reply. I tried to configure the ATP for requirement for this. It doesnt work for some reason. if you know the process to be done. please kindly send me the step to check.

Many thanks for your help

Pubudu

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sir

Still your requirement is not clear?

What is that you are trying to configure? and what is your expectation from the system?

If you can be little bit more elaborative then a lot friends will help you out

Go to t code OVZ9 choose the combination of your checking rule and checking group and go to details and choose each and every field(check box) and press F1 and that will will give you excellent inputs of their importance

Primarily you have to go your schedule line category details in VOV6 and availability should be ticked in the transaction flow tab

This is the basic requirement and then only Availability check will happen

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Many thanks for you reply.It gave me a good idea but due to less time what I did, I managed to find two user exit where i done a small ABAP program.

Use the user exit USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP in Include MV45AFZB (SE38) to check the material availability at order line level when any filed is changed at line level.

Use the user exit USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP in Include MV45AFZZ (SE38) to update the entered materials in a Z table in order to reserve the material for the perticualar orders

I will be implementing the standard very soon.

br,

Pubudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

I was just going through this thread and found it very interesting. I also worked on the similar Issue, where Client asked for Blocking/Reserving a particular quantity once the sales Order is saved.

I tried with Movement type 412 E using Tcode MB1B, and moved the unrestricted stock to Sales Order Stock MMBE (Stock Overview), but still if anyone created another Sales Order, system allowed to take those Reserved Sales Order stock also, so in this case, Requirement was not fulfilled.

Please Help !!

Warm Regards,

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pubudu,

Please let me know your findings after applying all the mentioned USEREXITS. If you are able to reserve the stock for Sales Order, please update here and share your findings with us.

I had worked on the similar Requirement earlier but couldnt find any concrete solution.

Awaiting for your reply.

Warm Regards,

Mayank

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all any of your issues please make a new thread so that many can see the thread and suggest

coming to your issue

If you reserve stocks in MB1B with movement type 412 E after creating the sales order no way another order can use those stocks and this is well tested now also and this a process in SAP used to reserve stocks and it can never go wrong

How you are telling that the system transfers these stocks ? where you have tested and what you have tested?

As a rule If any order is created the system makes a availablity check only in unrestriced stocks

After MB1B transaction pls make a check in MMBE whether the stocks are reserved against sales order

If so no other order can use it and unless and until it is reversed and put back in unrestricted

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear raj,

do you knw a setting that we can break an assembly to lower level components at vf02 or vf04

please update me

Pubudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the user exit USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP in Include MV45AFZB (SE38) to check the material availability at order line level when any filed is changed at line level.

Use the user exit USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP in Include MV45AFZZ (SE38) to update the entered materials (Material Type: ZW01) in ZSD009_001 at save order.

USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP in Include MV45AFZB (SE38)

when user entered the material it uses the MV45AFZB user exit where i used this RV45A structure where it keeps the material details of the sales order. in the same time we wrote the material to a table and the quantity. didn't confirm the qty.

when user save the order MV45AFZZ (SE38) and confirm the material quantity. in the table.

Answers (0)