Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code page problem (XI)

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I created a web service based on XI.

Everything works except the fact that I am unable to send hebrew text from my HTML page to XI. If I put a break point in my RFC (SAP side) I get gibrish instead of hebrew.

Is there a way to solve this problem ?

Thanks in adavnce.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Can you check whether the Code page for Hebrew is installed on your XI server?

And also check your encoding type in XML coming from webservice, I think it should be <b>iso-8859-8-i</b> for Hebrew.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-8-i"?>

Regards,

Ananth

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth,

In the XML file, the encoding is set to "UTF-8".

Is it enough ?

I will check with our system team about if the hebrew code page is installed.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Sometimes changing the encoding type is working for code page related problem. So can you please try <b>iso-8859-8-i</b> as mentioned in my previous post.

Regards,

Ananth

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth,

I am really sorry but I am new at this stuff.

Where do I change it ? Is there a way on server side to configure it ?(of course we do not want to change it manually in the html file)

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

We usally change the encoding type in Source XML for code page related problems..

regards,

Ananth

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth,

I understand but this is a problem if we have to change it at by opening the XML.

Is there a way to configure the XI server thus it can generates automatically this encoding type for each HTML file ?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David, Thoe i do not have first hand experience handling Hebrew characters in XI payload,

i can think of a few things you may have to check.

I beleive the XI integration engine typically handles

UTF-8 code pages. So the adapter that you use to send data to XI must convert from any other

code page to

UTF-8 code page. Say , for a file adapter, we set the file encoding so that file adapter will know

the incoming data is in a different

code page and converts it

into UTF-8 code page before sending it to the

inetgration engine.

Similarly i beleieve , in your case , the HTTP adapter should be notified(how??)

that the incoming data is of a different encoding. Suggest you explore this option.

Well , a simple way of checking whether your data is in unicde is to use a tool like UNIPAD , cut-paste

your data to this unipad and if you see junk ,

then its non-unicode.

Also , chk the RFC adapter documentation -> constraints section

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/33/c6e63b60c25767e10000000a11402f/content.htm .

will give info on unicode compatibility.

Pls do share the resolution in the forum , after you find it, ll help ppl.

Regards

Saravana

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

I will continue exploring this issue.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who helped me.

Nice day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SP14 the content type is not transfered to the mapping programs, they have forgot to set it in the html adapter that accepts the file.

It is best to send in UTF-8 from your external system because of this. If you intend to route on the content using XPATH, it must be UTF-8.

However, the body of the message is transfered binary clean to the mapping program, so it is possible to do a charset conversion in a mapping program using java, or abap (in se24 conv gives classes for charset conversion)

You can also take a copy of the class that handles the http request, and modify it to do the charset conversion in the adapter class. Then you set up your own servie in SICF transaction.

Good luck.

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the precious help.

Best Regards.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try including that in a payload content and see if it z working.

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is a payload content ?

Thanks.