Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material master-Field selection grop

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

As per ur suggestion I tried to maintain material description field as an optional one but when I saw the field selection grp 20 it shows as an optional I wonder even then the system does'nt allow me to go further without entering any value in that particular field....why is it so?....since it is an optional field I can ignore and go for the next step ryt?..........what wud b te reason?...Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Any other inputs?......

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanakumar

In t code OMS9 i changed the delivering plant which appears in sales org data 1 from optional to entry and it was working fine for me while doing MMR in MM01 and this i have seen my MM consultants does this in projects

But At the same time for material description and it is choosen (not choosen default setting ) as optional in OMS9 and but in MM01 without material description it is not allowing to proceed

I have checked the field selection group in OMSR which is assigned to material type in OMS2 still no expected result

I read documents and consulted my MM friends and they tell that this is the way but there are some hardcoded controls are there in SAP which makes certain fields as mandatory like material no, description etc like what we have country field must in CMR

But the funny part is if you suppress it (not visible in MM01) and put in display mode(greyed out in MM01) it is all working but keep as optional and it is taken as a mandatory entry only

Here is an interesting thread with same requirement in mm forum pls go thro the same

Forum post in ERP - Logistics Materials Management (MM): Material description as optional field

I am working also to achieve this and keep you posted?

Have you got the soln for avoid creating the transfer order thread opened by you 29.12.08?

Regards

Raja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanakkumar

Right now, I am in outside office and dont have access to SAP. Will check and update.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanakumar

What Mr.Lakshmipathi said was 100 % correct

In OMS9 field selection group 20 under that

MAKT-MAKTX

MAKT-SPRAS

SKTEXT-SPRAS

SKTEXT-MAKTX

RMSCH-STRICH

RMSCH-PROFT

There are 6 entries or 6 different fields available under selection group 20

Out of this have you choosen the right field by double clicking that

Then in that field reference 0001 pls make that as reqd or optional

If reqd means while creating MM01 there will be a tick mark in that field

means without filling up you cant proceed

Pls check have you selected the right field

This is controlled here only in this t code OMS9 only

Or pls let me know which field in MMR you want to change from reqd to optional

i will suggest you the exact steps

Hi Saravanakumar

Have you got the issue of avoid creating the transfer order sorted out the thread opened by you on 29.12.08

Pls try to close that too

Regards

Raja

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

For your information-I dont want material description to be a required field...as u saidI have selected the appropriate table and field name(MAKT-MAKTX) only...there I cud see an optional entry for the same.....my concern is when that field is not maintained as a required field why system throws an error msg saying input required for that field........help me out