cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project structure related

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

i have an issue where, i have deleted a Proj definition number and now i would like to created it again with the same number. But i get an error " that Proj defn already exits".

In the similar case with "wbs elements" ...i could run a program in Zversion_update and it deletes the record in the backround..and i can recreate it.

similarly do we have any such programes for "Proj definition" or any other ways.

Please let me know .

thanks in advance.

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No.

The Zversion_update must be an internally developed ABAP program.

Murali

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is happening because you have project version activation based on status CRTD and hence you cannot delete the main object although still created as there is a version linked to it.

someone obviously has written an ABAP to delete the version

simple thing would be to change config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first u have to use deletion flag

then set deletion indicator

then reorganization

deletion flag can be set in cj20n

you can use the procedure given in the following link to set deletion indicator.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8d/3e6586462a11d189000000e8323d3a/frameset.htm

reorganization is nothing but archiving where u can archive file or can delete them.

or

u can delete directly from database tables:

1. goto table PROJ and note down the object number against your project definition.

2. goto table BPGE and BPJA and delete the rows with the same object number you have noted (only in case if u have assigned a budget).

3. goto cj20n and delete all wbs and network if any.

4. goto table PROJ and delete the project definition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make use of the Transaction CJ02.

I actually failed in simulating your query.

In fact once I create a PDef say 1234 >> create WBS hierarchy >> Release >> then try to delete PD

Create the same PD with ID 1234, I am able to create.

Then I tried to browse the net to find such occurances, you mentioned.

Refer the PDF whch I found on the net.

link : [http://www.state.ar.us/dfa/aasis/AASIS_Training/CONTROLLING/documents/DeleteWBSElement1_000.pdf]

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Pradyumna