cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to install MI client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to MI.How to install MI client 7.0.Where to get that MI client.I downloaded a zip file from service market place with name NWMCLIENT06_0-20000910.SCA (SP06 for MI CLIENT 7.00 ).But when I extracted this file i cannot see any exe file to execute.

Please shed some light on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raghuvamsi

Please check this PDF link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60447dc8-19f4-2a10-f59d-89df2068...

Hope it will help you

Regards

Ruturaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This refers to SP15

Configuration Steps for Developing MI Application on NetWeaver MI 7.0 SP 15 and MI Client 7.0 SP15

Server Side Configuration

Step 1. Install MI Server 7.0 SP 15 with ABAP Stack (SP 15) and Java Stack (SP 15).

Note : Check the necessary configuration settings as per the Master guide

a. Installation Guide - SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR1

b. Installation Guide - SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR2

Client Configuration (Desktop/Laptop)

next install Jdk and tomcat along with this.

please refer this link and here is the architecture and enabling the occasionally connected mode also

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/42/ea63e8b5d61bd9e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

regards

Manohar

Edited by: Gouri Manohar Gadhamsetty on Jan 9, 2009 8:58 AM

Edited by: Gouri Manohar Gadhamsetty on Jan 9, 2009 8:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuvamshi,

to setup MI itself, go to service.sap.com/instguides and have a look for MI setup guides. In your case, this could help as well:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a3/583aef1baa6d42b22bedcb4dec5db9/frameset.htm

It should give you a well guided tour through all the necessary steps to have the first connection between MI and the device.

Regards,

Srikanth Reddy.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

I extracted and installed the MI client as you said but when i run it i am getting an error

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Connection refused" .Anything missing.

Thanks and Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

I think your tomcat is not running.

1. Exit MI Client, NWDS (if you are running the same).

2. Launch Windows Task Manager and try to close all java.exe and javaw.exe (after MI CLient and NWDS have fully exited).

3. Now Start MI Client.

If you again get the same problem, then it could be a classpath issue with your current JDK (JDK/JRE should be of version 1.4.2_xx (xx- 11 and above should be fine).

Try to check the logs in the installation directory of MI Client.

Please mark the question as answered if my or others' post has solved your question.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the logs i am able to find the following error

Error in data read access to mapping file C:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure\data\LastSuccessfulSync\datreg.obj - Generating initial mapping (root cause: C:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure\data\LastSuccessfulSync\datreg.obj (The system cannot find the file specified) [java.io.FileNotFoundException]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

Thru the forums i came to know that previous exception can be ignored since it will be created only after successful installation of the MI client(7.0)

For the installation MI Client((7.0)) do i need to install Tomcat specifically if so, please let me know the relavant link along with appropriate version.

Thank you,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

This error might have been ignored in that contextual situation when other activities were not hindered. But my installations do not have this error. I feel this is a claspath error. Just edit the startup.bat file in the MI install folder as below:

the following two variables in the startup.bat should be something like

set JAVA_EXE=Drive:\j2sdk1.4.2_xx\bin\java.exe

set JAVA_HOME=Drive:\j2sdk1.4.2_xx

it should not read as "1" etc.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghuvamsi,

In the extracted SCA file you have two directories namely Deploy Archives and Build Archives. Go into deploy archives, you will find a file named NWM_JSP_WIN32.sda extract this, inside this you will have another zip file which on extraction will give you the setup.exe file.

Please make sure that you are using the same version of MI client as your server. Right now, as you said, you will get setup of MI Client 7.0 SP06

Regards,

Veera