cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Deployment to Dev Boxes and Activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am currently working on an NWDI WD project, and I just have a question regarding the deployment and activation of activities.

To give a background, we have two boxes (Box A the local deployment box and Box B as the test / dev box). I have deployed in Box A and activated the activities for the changes required by the project. As expected, Box A contains the updated version of the app since the program was deployed there directly, but the changes can't be seen in Box B.

Is this supposed to be the way even if Box B is a dev box as well? Is there a way to have the changes be seen in Box B w/o releasing activities?

Thanks!

Angelo

Edited by: Angelo de Jesus on Jan 12, 2009 8:40 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can Deploy you application directy on to Box B

In NWDS go to Windows>Preferences> SAP J2EE Engine and change the

Host name and Port Number to you Box B and deploy the Application.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is box B defined as a runtime system for the track? If so, for which stage?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I believe it is configured that way according to the person in charge.

Box B is configured as part of the Dev Track, which is our current stage as well (dev).

Thanks!

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Box B is configured as part of the Dev Track, which is our current stage as well (dev).

So that means when you activate your activity, your version will be deployed on Box B.

no as you said you are unable to see your WD project there.

1.first check that it is deployed on Box B. or not. you can check it in Activation request view (the second chk box shows deployment status for particular request).

2. check the deploy log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Hmm... It looks like it's working already right now. I don't know what happened. Didn't do anything on the WD side, the portal side, and NWDI config as well. It just worked for some reason.

Does it take time to deploy the activated activities to box B or should it deploy right then and there?

Also followed your advice and checked teh deployment logs, it's deploying successfully.

Thanks!

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Does it take time to deploy the activated activities to box B or should it deploy right then and there?

don't deploy directly on Box B.. don't violate the rules of NWDI.(or IF you want to then there is no purpose of using NWDI, its just like you are using it only as a repository).

some times it takes time to deploy.. there are many reasons for it. so its always better to check log first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep. We're not deploying to box B directly. It's just weird that it suddenly worked without having any actions on all sides of the system.

Must be a glitch or something.