cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining partner function at sales order and billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi eEeryone,

I am working on a scenario which goes like this. A partner function say 'ZZ' is maintained at customer(sold-to) level.

When i create a sales order against the customer, i should not get the partner function 'ZZ' when i click on Goto-> Header -> Partner. But when i create a billing document against this sales order, i should be able to get the partner function ZZ under Goto -> Header -> Header partners.

I was able to restrict the partner ZZ at the sales order level through config. I also set the config for billing document header to include the partner function ZZ. But somehow the partner functions in billing documents resembles similar to the sales order.

If i restrict the partner function in sales order, i am not able to see in billing documents too. Is it something config related or do i need to do any code changes in the user exits? Kindly share your ideas on this issue.

Thanks in Advance

Poornima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is happening because you have not maintained your data in sales order.

Billing document takes the reference of order and delivery document for taking the data.

Now if you donu2019t maintain your partner function in order nor in delivery then it wont be determine in billing document.

If you want ZZ to shown in billing document then you have to make that function visible in sales order.

While creating sales order it will take it from customer master data but when you are creating billing it wont search in customer master data it will search in sales order only.

You can do one thing make that function non modifiable in partner determination procedure.

So it cant be change in sales order.

But I want to know why you want that should not be visible in sales order.

Hope so I will be correct with my explanation.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

If the partner function ZZ appears in the sales order, it is causing problems for the other groups in our company. They need to maintain the partner function on their side and they don't want to do that. But they don't care about the partner function that appears in the billing document. So i was told to find if it is possible to restrict the ZZ partner in Sales order and make if appear in Billing document. I am trying to find if there is any user exit. Please let me know your opinion.

Thanks

Poornima

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you get the solution then do let us know also.