Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system copy production to devlopment

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi to all

I want your advice

actually ia am having 2 server in my landscape .

one as devlopment and another one as production no testing,

devlopment as a domain controller.ok

now i want to refresh my devlopment system.can i ?how?

if i perform system copy then what it will perform?

system copy production to devlopment

or else suppose i go through client copy then it will work ?

suppose i having 100 client in my devlopment and 200 in my production.

and i am going to create new client in devlopment suppose 500 and copy it from production 200 then it will ok.

in that case can i delete 100 old client in devlopment.if yes then what impact will on stms?because devlopment is domain controller.

i hope nothing will be the issue for that because transportation or stms is configered through 000 only.

please guide me and correct me .

with regards

Anuj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got the solution....

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both the ways are applicable depends upon the client requirement.

In case of client copy, you will be having 2 clients once client copy is completed. So better to check the storage space or We can delete the old client but if you have client specific customizing settings not moved to Live will be lost. ZPrograms will be there since it is client indep. And also its a long running process depends on the network if the client size is big.

In case of system copy, you system is completely refreshed as same as live including the client numbers, customizing settings and TPs.

Nothing will happen to TPs in case of client copy, if you do system copy we have to manually the copy the transport request from Live trans folder to development trans folder.

Regards

KT