cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire event in web dynpro java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to fire events in code e.g. sorting of table columns. I'm sure I cannt call event handler with null parameter here.

Can anybody please help here?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Atul.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Please follow the steps given in the following article for implementing the Table Sorter,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f024364b-3086-2b10-b2be-c0ed7d33...

Regards

Kishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

Thanks for your reply.

But, I could not find answer in the specified article. I think I put it incorrectly. I want to fire event in the code itself. I have eventhandler (e.g. onActionTableColumnSort(wdEvent)), i want to call this method with wdEvent not being null. so question is how can we fire the event or how can we create wdEvent with appropriate parameters.

Can you please help here.

Thanks a lot.

Rgds,

Atul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Can you please tell what exactly your application is doing? What do you need to implement? If you want to implement a Table Sorter, the article I mentioned will be of immense help.

Let me know how your final working application should look like?

Regards

Kishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

I have table sorter implemented, its working fine. I just want to fire sorting event explicitely from the code.

Rgds,

Atul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Write this code inside your onActionTableColumnSort(),

wdThis.wdGet<yourComponentInterfaceController>().wdFireEvent<yourEventName>(<eventsParameterList>);

Regards

Kishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

I think I'm confusing you. i do not have any controller usage.

below is my event handler method:

public void onActionSortTableColumn(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent )

{

TableAccessories Accessories = wdContext.currentcontextElement().getTableSorter();

Accessories.onTableEvent(wdEvent);

}

I just want to anyhow call this method, without wdEvent being null.

Is there any way I can fire the event and this method get called OR to create wdEvent to call this method directly?

Rgds,

Atul.