cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation error in minSAP DBR3LICNSECREATE -112

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having problems loading the 620 MiniSAP system.

I've checked many existing threads on this subject and made many adjustments but I still cannot seem to get this working.

This includes installing the loopback connector (although I am already working in a home network), adding a BSPADM user, amongst other things.

Here's an extract from the installation log:

Info: DBR3LICENSECREATE SyCoprocessCreate 2 718

Creating coprocess C:\MiniWAS\saplicense ...

Info: DBR3LICENSECREATE ExecuteDo 2 718

RC code form SyCoprocessWait = -112 .

Error: DBR3LICENSECREATE ExecuteCheck 2 718

Exit code from C:\MiniWAS\saplicense: -112.

Error: DBR3LICENSECREATE InternalInstallationDo 2 718

Phase failed.

Error: DBR3LICENSECREATE InstallationDo 2 718

Phase failed.

Error: Main {} 2 718

Installation aborted.

If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan & Matt,

I checked for the trace file in the appropriate directories but could not find it.

I then ran the SAPLICENSE -test TRACE=2 command (per the OSS note but only turned up the following from the dev_slic log file:

-

trc file: "dev_slic", trc level: 2, release: "620"

-

Well, that was it. Doesn't look like it's getting very far!

Does this give any clues?

Thanks again, Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andy

Here is a scatter gun of ideas for you to try;

• Is the Loopback adapter set up?

• Are you logged on as Administrator?

• Is Remote Registry active?

• Install location - NTFS or FAT32?

• Install location - File name and path greater than 13 characters?

• Install location - Same as OS drive / OS drive is not C?

• Try the install more than once?

MattG.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case any one else runs into similar problem.

I did the license install manually, the old fashioned way

I went to the miniWAS directory

executed SAPLICENSE -get to get the hardware key

then I went to the site on the CD to request a license

Got the license key emailed to me

Went to the miniWAS directory and installed the license with SAPLICENSE -install

It starts up OK.

What I do not know is, besides the temporary license, what else was not done by the abort at 91%.

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Read this posting about the error, I am encountering the same error when I tried to install Minisap on my PC. It stops at 91% with the same error Andrew had..the loop back adapter has been configured fine but will also incorporate other suggestions.

However my question at this time is...How can I resume the setup? Should I use resume_setup.bat as Matthew suggested. Please let me know, any other suggestion to make this installation go past 91% would be helpful. Thanks in advance!!

Regards

Poornima

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem but none of the sites answered my question until I found a hint "to install a new saplicense key the databaase must be on line".

So I activated the ms loopback

double click programs-minisapwebas-start sapbsp

double click programs-minisapwebsa-start abap engine

and then I Resume installation again! it worked!!!

It should work but if it does not work make sure you have your host file updated in :

-windows\system32\drives\ect\hosts include the following entry "10.10.0.10 <nameofyourcomputer>"

where 10.10.0.10 is the same ip adreess as defined in your loopback adapter it does not matter what the ip address is but they must be the same in loopback and in your host file

-turn off any firewall or security running on your pc while you are installing

- also one of my kids updated msn messenger and it change the registry should check by doing the following:

run regedit

check HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\TCPIP\PARAMETERS

should say on the databasepath value REG_EXPAND_SZ

and not REG_SZ

- also check if your services are running go to control panel search for services and double click on the service icon. Look to see if remote registry service is running.

Hope this helps Danila

Message was edited by: Danila Gaudio

Message was edited by: Danila Gaudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I am amazed.

After this run-through, the install went right through to 100%.

So, technically, I'm flummoxed but happy that it should be installed!

Thanks for your help, I'll be posting another problem regarding my 610 system shortly.

Also, will up the points on your last "scattergun" list since I answered one of your points incorrectly and it is what fixed my 30% problem - specifically, for the 2nd re-install, I copied the CDs to disk then re-ran. My install location then increased past the 13 character mark so that is what stopped me at 30%.

Thanks again, Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops, apologies, just managed to get past the 30%. Will update when I get back to 91% or at the next road block.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the "scattergun" approach. Here's what I've checked so far:

I have tried with and without a Loopback connector (am already in a home network). Get the same result regardless of whether Loopback connector is enabled or not.

I am logged on as an administrator. I have tried a couple of things (see later notes) around this including setting up an administrator logon BSPADM (as mentioned in another forum) but (again) both seems to fail.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by remote registry - could you please elaborate as to where I'd enable this.

I did enable network sharing, remote desktop, etc. but I could not find the exact point to set the following - "Open the network connectivity definition with start->control panel->network connections for defining the network connection. Select ->extended-> allow other users in network. Activate new configurations. "

(I am using Windows XP Professional).

My install location in NTFS, though I have a second partition which is FAT32 (for system save/recovery).

The install location is directly in the C drive, though I don't actually remember being prompted to supply a location for this - the SAPDB and MiniWAS directories were created in the C:\ location.

My OS is installed in my C drive.

I have tried the install and resumed many times. One further thing which I have just done (this morning) was to try uninstalling and then re-installing under the BSPADM user, however, I did not expect this to work any differently.

I have now encountered further problems in that the uninstall doesn't seem to have completely removed everything. I followed the instructions in the "test drive" instructions but then found some problems with registry files. An OSS note gave me some help on that, however, now I am only getting as far as a 30% install.

(Some progress, eh).

Anyway, thanks for all your help so far. If you have any ideas on the uninstall/reinstall, that would be very helpful - I'd like to get back to 91%!!!

Thanks again, Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

Apologies for using the wrong name (Srinivasan) in my previous response!

Thanks again for your help, Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Thanks for your initial response.

I searched my entire hard drive for the dev_slic file with no success - is there anywhere specific I should be looking for this file?

Regarding the SAPLicense, is the DBR3LICNSECREATE step applying for or installing the license (or both)?

On a different server (and a few years ago) I had previously installed the miniSAP 6.10 version but I thought that required me to manually request the license info via the website.

Do you know what the -112 return code indicates and if it's relating to determining the license info. or installing it?

I checked the help file (from the link you supplied) but that is more about manually applying for and installing the license rather than letting the install step do it automatically.

One other thing I tried (in case it helps) is to run saplicense -test. This gave the following result:

• Read sapsytem name

saplicense: test failed

***Can not read profile parameter SAPSYSTEMNAME

Start saplicense with -test pf=<profile>

Any further help you can offer would be great.

Thanks again, Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

The dev_slic should be in the <drive>\program

files\sapinst_dir\.... If not, then please please run saplicense with the trace option as per note 193800. You may use the functionality -test.

The DBR3LICENSECREATE step is to create a temporary

license which is to be installed automatically. It allows

license for 4 weeks from date of installation. Before it

expires, you have to install a permanent license.

Regards

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andy

Another place to look of these log files is the temp folder "c:\Documents and Settings\user id\Local Settings\Temp".

There is also a help document for this install at <a href="http://sap-press.com">SAP-press.com</a> look at one of the books with this system. The hint if this stops at 86% is just restart the install (resume_setup.bat).

MattG.

Message was edited by: Matthew Gifford

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Please check the dev_slic log file and do let us know if any errors exist.

Also please check the online help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas620/helpdata/en/a7/512d23407a11d1893b0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Regards

Srikishan