cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to establish SSL between UME and LDAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured my EP 7.0 portal to use our corporate LDAP (MS AD) as the UME - which works perfectly!

I want to enable SSL between the UME and LDAP and have followed the steps laid out in the SAP Netweaver help library -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/7d/77fa735e5f47a2a50b5336fd1b5a61/frameset.htm

I am getting the following errors in the default trace log:

data source is not initialized

Peer certificate is not trusted or expired

no connection to the ldap server

[EXCEPTION]

java.security.PrivilegedActionException: javax.naming.CommunicationException: pmusa.dev:636 [Root exception is iaik.security.ssl.SSLCertificateException: Peer certificate rejected by ChainVerifier]

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

Anyone experienced anything similar?

JB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thanks again for the response. I guess I did not state in the original post that I have imported the root certificate that was provided to me by the LDAP Administrator. Basically I have followed all of the steps that are outlined in the SAP help for enabling SSL for LDAP.

JB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thanks for the response. The Use SSL for LDAP access box is checked and the server port is set to 636 on the LDAP server tab. I verified with my LDAP administrator that the 636 port is enabled for SSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generated a certificate for LDAP server which is in DER format? Import the root CA certificate of LDAP server certificate into trust store of J2EE Engine using keytool command..

Former Member
0 Kudos

check out whether the Data source is used for User management in LDAP Server tab in UM configuration

and the port for the SSL is 636 by default, select the SSL port, save and restart Java Web AS.