Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insufficient authorization to create object namespace definition in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a user who's getting "insufficient authorization to create object namespace definition" when creating a name space in enterprise service builder in PI. The users has sap_all and sap_new in profile but still getting the same error. Any suggestions??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

It may possible SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW do not have some specific authorization.

Run some of the troubleshoot test such as SU53 to identify the failed object and check this object in existing Role/Profile.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

It may possible SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW do not have some specific authorization.

Run some of the troubleshoot test such as SU53 to identify the failed object and check this object in existing Role/Profile.

0 Kudos

SU53 comes up last authorization check was successful.

0 Kudos

I am running into same issue on CE platform using ES Builder on ESR. Did you get this resolved I tried adding all kinds of Roles, is there any documentation on what Authorisation is required

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

please try to set the following parameter in the Exchange Profile to " false ".

'com.sap.aii.util.server.auth.activation'

Afterwards restart the J2EE engine and retest....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hello Bernhard,

I checked the Exchange profile parameter and it already set to False.

Could you suggest, is there anything else that I can try?

0 Kudos

You need UME Roles assigned to the User.SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER_J2EE and or SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE.

Gp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some times error messages are misleading.

Did you create the name space in SE03 to be able to subsequenty use it in applications which check namespaces?

Cheers,

Julius