cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO connections for ESS stay alive in the backend ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have ESS MSS portal connected to a ECC 6.0 backend system. The JCO connections for metadata stay alive in the backend. The JCO sessions do NOT timeout when:

- user logs off from Portal

- HTTP session timeouts on Portal

- user closes the browser

JCO connections in backend stay alive for days.

how can I fix this?

Tiberiu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tiberiu,

The sessions should be closed automatically for all the three cases that you told . I guess,it is not working properly for you and you are killing the sessions manually in SM12.

Check once the JCo properties. (Content Administration -> Web Dynpro)

There you can set the session time out for JCo which can in turn close the connection to the backend.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva- I am using the SAP default JCO connection pool settings, i.e. connection timeout = 10 msec.

Tiberiu

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tiberiu,

I got similar problem for my custom application then I explicitely closed the connection after model execution.

Add the following code to your RFC/BAPI execute methods if it was not added already. But make sure for lock/unlock functionality will not be affected

//after this line in your RFC execute method
wdContext.current<_Rfc>_InputElement().modelObject().execute();
//add the following code
wdContext.current<_Rfc>_InputElement().modelObject().modelInstance().disconnectIfAlive();
//end of the code

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva, thank you for your suggestion.

unfortunatelly, we are using SAP standard delivered code (ESS business package). we don't have NWDS and NWDI so we cannot modify the code.

T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

anyone can help here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Did you set the lifetime of the connections in the Connector Container via SAP VA?

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harald, I am using the default connection timeout (value set to 3600) in VA->Connector Container->sap.com/com.sapportals.connectors.sap

T.