cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do you need Account Det. Procedure in GL Account Determination ..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, I need following clarification for GL Account Determination....

While doing "Revenue Account Determination", one has to do "Define and Assign Account Determination Procedure". Now what I understand that in Acc. Determination Procedure, you can add more than one "Account Determination Types", which basically (if fully implemented) will bring back (via access seq) more than one GL Accounts. My question is, can you post one particular pricing condition type, in one billing line of a specific billing document, to more than one Revenue GL Account in FI. If yes, what that scenario would be?

I do understand that one can maintain just one Determination Type in each Acc Det Procedure, where you can have just one GL Account, however, since Procedure can handle more than one Determination Types (and hence GL Account), I was wondering that in which scenario it would fit.

Thanks

Edited by: SR on Jan 8, 2009 5:17 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

last reaction was before 2 months

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI SR

The major difference between the KOFI & KOFK condition types are as follows

In standard accounting procedure there we have 2 condition types .They are as follows :

condition type Reqt

KOFI 3

KOFK 2

Usage of KOFI condition type

We will be using KOFK for generating controlling document

We wil be using KOFK when we go for Make to Order (MTO) process.

If you want to assign the KOFK to generate controlling document then you should assign the cost center , to your G/L accounts also

When the controlling document generate then for FI consultants it will be helpful to generate the report as per the requirement

Usage of KOFI condition type

We will be using KOFI for normal sales cycle only .

So the Stock whatever we deliver it will be a Make to stock (MTS)

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SR,

AS per my understanding, accounts can be determined in 2 situations, one with CO (Costing) and another without costing. and this is controlled by 2 seperate condition types KOFI & KOFK. with different requirement types.

KOFI - - - - 3 (without CO acc assignment)

KOFK - - - 2 (With CO acc. assignment)

Regards,

Abhee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhee,

What is the differences between these two..any idea?

I know these are std settings in SAP..right? I was wondering if some body could explain any other business scenarios where such business requirement exit (i.e. posting the SAME pricing condition type to two different Revenue GL Account, within the same line item of a specific billing document)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KOFI is used in Make To Stock scenario and KOFK is used in Make To Order scenario.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SR

If you do goods issue in MTO (make to order) then the account determination will be based on KOFK which is a cost element

That is goods issue for sales orders with account assignment object(account is a cost element)

If you do goods issue in MTS (make to stock) then the account determination will be based on KOFI which is a not cost element

That is goods issue for sales orders without account assignment object(account is a not a cost element)

KOFI is to post values only in FI

KOFK is to post values in FI and controlling also

The difference is picked up by the system through the different routines as mentioned by Mr.Abhee

Regards

Raja