cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA01 copies texts, but VA02 does not when creating from reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having an issue with text determination configuration. It is currently set up to copy some header texts from the quote to the order when an order is created from reference. This works correctly when using transaction VA01 to create an order from reference.

However, the issue arises when using VA02 to create from reference, the items copy over correctly from the quote, but texts and other data do not copy over correctly. Any ideas on why this might be the case?

Thanks,

Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

skrishen9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony

Please reframe your question because you can't create Sales order through VA02.Please repost your question.

Thanks

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your replies. I know the correct way to do this is to use VA01 and Create from reference. However, the way that the order processing group has always done this is to create a "dummy" order using VA01, then use VA02 to "modify" the order by going to menu option Sales Document -> Create with Reference. This has the effect of copying over all items from the quote into the order. However, no sales texts are copied over when this is done. I'm wondering if there is a config that needs to be modified to allow texts to copy over using this method.

When I go into the texts tab in VA02 and display the log, the texts that I need copied over say something like, "Text does not exist". I have a feeling that the text is not copied over because the order does not have a reference to the quote at the time the text determination is evaluated.

Thanks,

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any insights anyone? Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can you be clear on your question

You can't create sales order throught Tcode: VA02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Are you creating a sales order by using VA02?How is it possible!

We can create order by using VA01 only.

In that case yours is working fine.

Regards,

Mohan.