cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trusted RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I want to know that in which particular case we should create RFC between systems.I am aware of like how we create trusted RFC and what benefits we get by it but dnt know as per standred in which scnerio we should create it.

Please suggest.

Shivam Mittal

Edited by: Shivam Mittal on Jan 9, 2009 9:29 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is mainly used in Solution Manager Systems.

Lot of systems will be involved in a landscape and to make a secure connection between solution manger system and satellite systems.

It is also used in change request management.

Regards

KT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikyen,

Thanks for your reply.

But I didn't understand role of trusted RFC in secure connection as if in simple RFC we use communication user in that case also connection will be secured.

Shivam

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shivam,

trusted RFCs are usually used when data must be accessed in another system with the same user (for checking the authority).

For example:

System A: HR system with the personal data

System B: Document Management System with the document info sets, etc.

Now if a HR user looks in the HR system for a specific personal number and wants to see the documents for this person. The HR data itself is located in system A, but the documents are located on system B in the document info sets. Now you must have a remote connection that allows you to access the documents in system B with the same user as you have logged on the HR. Now you can check authority in system B too, because you have logged in with the same user.

Regards

Stefan