cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea for splitting the demand ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We just have DP, no SNP. And also we extract forecast out of DP (LC) to a flat file through a Z program.

Now I have a new reqmt. We have some 100+ products (product no. for ex. 12345670000). These products are parent products. After the flat file extraction, the Demand on these Parent product is split into few child products (say, 12345670011, 12345670022, 12345670033, etc.. keeping the initial 9 digits same u2013 so it indicates they are one product family. The split proportions are controlled manually as per the demand). These Child products are sent further to supply chain planning. Now itu2019s planned to do this split work within DP. For some reasons, we can directly forecast child products in DP.

I am not sure which method will give the solution.

I plan to do this: Create a new PA with 3 KFs. Copy the forecast into new PA to KF1 which is input FCST. And other 2 are: APODPDANT, Final Fcst KFs. Now when the APDPDANT maintained values manually, and multiply these proportions with the values of the products in KF1 will give me the Final Fcst KF. I am confused here how to do that (regard to the CVCs, how do I assign only the parent product to child products...) and any macro can address this reqmt?

In the new PA, (MPOS), I will create the CVCs with child products also, which are not available in the current PA. So will it be a problem in TSCOPY from old PA to new PA if I copy? (I believe data will appear only on the corresponding products, leaving the child products with blank data)

We will still be adjusting the proportions manually in the future too. (We wonu2019t calculate from history).

But we need to automate this process, so that we extract forecast out of this new PA.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing the thread. Thanks to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Visu, Sai,

Thanks a lot for your quick help. Yes, I plan first on Parent products and then needs to split into child products. I have never worked on DP-BOM functionality. Need to read the notes now on it.

I believe I have to create a new PA for this, transfer the forecast and split ? or can i do DP BOM in existing PA ?

It looks DP-BOM might solve my needs, but will let you know once i make some breakthrough.

Meantime, if you can shed some light on doing DP-BOM, I shall be thankful again.

I have doubts as having MPOS. Do i have to create a new MPOS and PA for this DP-BOM, because my existing MPOS does not have child products.

Will soon close this thread once i am out of this issue and assign you full points.

Thanks

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

In theory you need not create a new POS and PA. You just have to check the indicator "Relevant for DP BOM" in the existing POS. This adds the characteristics 9AMATNR, 9ABOMID, 9ABOMIO, and 9APPMNAME to the master planning object structure.But you need to create the DP PPM first.

Before in you do this, take a backup of all the planning area data and CVCs. Yo0u have to definitely deactivate the PA. Do this in development system and in case you have issues, then create a new POS and PA. This is any way a big change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi visu

I cant plan to disturb the current PA. I will have to use a new one.

I have a question. Is there anyway, that in a macro, we can multiply the forecast with Prop Factors (percentage numbers) not absolute numbers. Because when i tried to multiply, it has multiplied with absolute numbers. so the totals have gone up much higher.

ex: if i multiply qty 100 with 0.3 should give me 30 and so on, system should not multipy 100 with other absolute number.

So can we do a macro calculation with just percentage numbers in APODPDANT ?

thanks

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your decimal places setting in planning area for that key figure. If you set more than 1 decimal place, it gives you values like 0.3 if the decimal places are set to 0, then the system rounds this number to 0 instead of 0.3 and if it is more than 0.5, it is rounded to 1. Is that what you are asking??

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Visu suggested, you can use the DP BOM functionality where you can plan at the parent level and later explode the BOM to the component level. Infact I used this functionality in one of my projects, there after explosion, the forecast of the components were then released to SNP for further planning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It really depends on what you want to do.

1. If you want the forecasting to be done at the child level and aggregate it to parent level

a. You can create CVCs for parents like just like the children. You can just forecast at the child level and then you can run a macro to add up all the children's forecast and populate in Parent.

Here is an exmaple:

Parent: 12345670000

Children: 12345670011, 12345670022 and 12345670033

CVCs created like below:

Plant__________Product_________Sales org.

P1____________12345670000_____S1

P1____________12345670001_____S1

P1____________12345670002_____S1

P1____________12345670003_____S1

When you forecast, you forecast for a selection that contains only children 12345670011, 12345670022 and 12345670033, populate it in a key figure called "Children forecast"

In your planning book, have a different keyfigure for "parent's forecast".

Just run a macro that saying "parent's forecast"for material 12345670000 = "Children forecast" of materials 12345670011, 12345670022 and 12345670033.

Then extract the parent's forecast using Z program.

2. You want to Forecast at the parent level and then disaggregate to children. You can use DP BOM functionality.

You create a DP BOM like below:

-

12345670011 ( 33%)

-

12345670022 (33%) and

-

12345670033 (34%)

and forecast at the parent level and disaggregate to children using DP BOM and extract out using the Z program.

For DP BOM functionality see[Forecasting with Bills of Material|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/e8/d47139f5a04c61e10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

Please let me know if I got your requirement right.