cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract interactive form attachment from workflow workitem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I created a Webdynpro Java application which has an interactive form.

The user fills out the form, and submits.

The submission action triggers a simple workflow and adds the interactive form as an attachment to the workitem. (Using SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW and SAP_WAPI_ATTACHMENT_ADD)

The new task shows up in UWL with the attached pdf form.

When user clicks the on the task in UWL, I want to launch another web dynpro application which will read the workitem id and get and display the interactive form in the web dynpro java application.

How do I extract the interactive pdf form from workflow in binary format?

so that I can display the form in my Web dynpro java application and bind it to the pdfSource context??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this seems like a very common thing to do if using adobe forms with workflow and Webdynpro java....i dont want to go custom if its a common activity.

I am leaning towards writing the values in the interactive form to the workflow container then reading the container and extracting the values and applying to the form when the next approver opens it online.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anyone else offer help? thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you try to write a custom Function module which will convert the pdf in to binary and return it.

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought I could just call the SAP_WAPI_GET_ATTACHMENTS, however this only returns some docId information for example:

OBJECT_ID                                                                                DESCRIPT             SHORTTEXT

SOFM      FOL18          4 EXT34000000000023                                     Office Document      Office Document

I need to get the binary for this pdf interactive form.

Edited by: K Ferguson on Jan 16, 2009 5:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gayathri,

Thanks for the link. I have tried to open that presentation many times, however does not work for me. Are you able to see what function modules they have in their Adaptive RFC model in the webdynpro?

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody help? its getting more u r g e n t

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody help with this one?