cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Document Structure and Document Hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have enable the document browser in SPRO, but the folder do not appear in a hierarchy. In other words, I can create a FOL type DIR, but it looks like any other document type. I can not navigate into the folder and add sub folder and documents to it in the Document Browser.

Is there a configuration that we are missing?

Max points to the first correct answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andrew

First of all please note that in SAP DMS, you cannot view Folder structure as you would expect.

If you want to create a Folder in SAP DMS follow these steps :

- First create a DIR using CV01n

- Convert the DIR into Document structure in CV11 giving Doc. type and Document number

- Now the DIR is a Document Structure ( Folder) and add other DIR s into it

- You can also add other Document Structures into this and those will become Sub Folders.

This is a very time cosuming procedure and if u have large requirment of creating Folders and Subfolders, better install SAP Easy DMS

In SAP Easy DMS you can create Folders and Subfolders as in Microsoft Explorer.

You can dowload SAP Easy DMS from http://service.sap.com and install.

SAP Easy DMS is very user friendly tool and requires little training for end users to understand compared to SAP DMS.

Regards

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

I want to use the documents structure (folder) so that my end users can manage the documents in folders like in MS Explorer. And from your note, I should install SAP easy DMS from SAP Market Place. Is that Support package EASY DMS INTERFACE 2.0 Win32 ? Do you have any instruction step by step of what I have to do. I am new to this DMS. We are installing Content Server to keep our doc. and I want my end user to be able to manage the docs easily.

Thank you,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

Various threads are there in the forum reg. Easy DMS installation.. I dont exactly rembr the service pack., but i believe the latest one is 12., not sure..

Aby

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you click on document browser for the first time within document created, it wil ask you to create public folder and private folder and along with this you can create a new document.

once document get created, you can just right click on the folder under document browser and goto create document/folder through which new document can be created.

the best way for such types is making use of easy DMS which is already explained in above reply.

Thank You,

Manoj

pls consider points if useful..!!