cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customising ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of customising Travel Expenses DC of the ESS Business Package. When I opened the Releated View(GeneralDataView) in NWDS and it does not look the same as the iView that I can look on the Portal. There are so many other fields that are available on the NWDS which that I am not able to see on the Portal ESS role. I am not able to figure out the reason.

Could anyone help me to figure out this issue. I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

PG.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The visibility property of these elements might be bound to some context attributes. Check it. And in the implementation these will be set to WDVisibility.NONE or WDVisibility.BLANK. So whichever you want to show you can set their property to WDVisibility.VISIBLE in implementation or in the layout edit the property Visible to Visible. depending on your requirement.

But you need to assess the consequences before you change any standard DC.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I appreciate your help. I have checked the visibility of the elements and have managed to change the property. But not checked the output yet!

Could also explain me about the following requirements. I would appreciate your help.

1) While making a mileage claim in ESS Travel Management, we are getting a "Linkto" UI element as for the calendar. By default, this is in the hide mode. It wont show the calendar until the user clicks the link. Our requirement is, the default mode should be "visible" (the calendar should be visible). Could you explain me the process of doing this in ESS.

Please reply me, if you require more understanding. I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

PG.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PG,

If the calendar is linked to LinkToAction then we may need to change the code of the event handler of this UI element. Check in the event handler for setting the visibility of the calendar. And copy this code to wdDoInit(), then by default you can see the calendar. And if LinkToAction element is not used for any other functionality, you can set its visibility property to none. But be sure that it will not affect any other functionality.

Regards,

Siva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most likely the Elements on the screen are hidden....ie. their Visible property is set to NONE or BLANK at design time or they are hidden at Runtime in the wdDoModifyView method in the Implementation Tab....Check it there....

Regards,

Shikhil