cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help on webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How can i deploly webservice into ESRR. After deploying webservice i want to use this webservice into my scenario. How can i get end point URL. Will i need to publish into UDDI?. Can anybody suggest me.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello venkat K,

you need to go to first WSADMIN, configure your webservice from there selecting your proxy interface class.

Then go to WSADMIN, there you will see your generated Webservice, just select and execute, it will open up in browser. You will see the link to WSDL out there and even the publish link too.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

-Kulwant

Awars score if useful

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First you do not depoy web service to ESR, ESR is a place to model your web service, not a place to run your web service. You can deploy your web service to any server including SAP Java AS.

Second, you can publish your web service to SAP SR (Service Registry) to make it public.

Third, once your web service is deployed, your depoyment tool should be able to give you the wsdl with endpoint.

Fourth, once you get your wsdl with endpoint, you can configure your soap adapter with the the wsdl.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We published wsdl to SAP SR through the browser using the URL http://xxxxx:xxxxx/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcesiesperui/Menu.

We are not sure how to get the wsdl back from SR with updated endpoint. Can you explian more regarding the deployment tool to publish into SR and getting the wsdl from SR.

Thanks & Regards

Venkat K

Former Member
0 Kudos

publishing in SR is not a necessary step to make ws work. The only purpose of publishing is to make it possible for other people to discover your web service. Beside, publishing ws will NOT change your wsdl.

To find your web service in SR, do a search in SR with your service name. Once found, you should have a way to download the wsdl. Once again, the found wsdl is exactly wha you published.

How did you implement you web service? In ABAP, java or some other way?

The interface or signature of your ws is determined in design time, you would also have wsdl for the interface. Once it's deployed, the endpoint will be added to the interface wsdl. Only wsdl with endpoint can be used to make service call.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your web service is developed in ABAP, go to t-code soamanager, over there you can publish your web service to SR (with pre-condition that SR is configured in your backend system).

If your ws is developed in java NWDS, you can deploy it directly in NWDS to SAP Java AS.

If your ws is implemeted in PI 7.1, open your sender agreement, you can publish it to SR using the menu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The web service is running on third party server. We need to publish the wsdl to ESRR and we need to invoke the Web Service from BPM using ESRR. Plese guide me how to achive this scenario.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

because the ws is running on the 3rd party server, it's ready to use. The ws provider must be able to provide you with wsdl (Just ask for it). What you need is to create a receiver CC with soap adapter by specifying the wsdl url and the soap action. Really, you do NOT need to publish it to PI ESR (you mean ESR or ESRR? I have no idea about ESRR).

Hope it's a bit more clear for you.

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to use it in BPM, configure your ID scenario, in BPM, use a send step which uses your ID scenario to send data to the 3rd party ws.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

My interface requirement is publish WSDL into ESRR and consume it from there to get the end point at runtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat

I've never heard about ESRR, what is that? if it's not ESR of SAP PI, then I can't help more.

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We got the WSDL from third party we published into SR. We need to develop a scenario how to consume the WSDL from SR using SOAP adapter through BPM.

Thanks&Regards,

VenkatK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat, if you have the wsdl, you will find the endpoint inside it, looking for location of soap:address and wsdl:operation. Use those information to configure your soap CC.

for BPM, please search in SDN to get an idea how that works. You need to configure ID scenario for BPM.

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Already we completed this scenario with BPM by directly invoking webservice. But my requirement need to integrate SR. Can someone guide me on above process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

If you want to inkove a webservice using BPM, you need to use Async/Sync bridge.

Could you tell where you are facing the problem for your scenario.

Regards

Leela