Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Modification Rule (DMR) at lot creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I have a question on DMR at lot creation. I have done following test as below:

Scenario Result

1.If RR = PASS & UD = ACCEPTDMR updated and go to next OK stage (Skip)

2.If RR = FAIL & UD = REJECT DMR updated and go to next NOT OK stage (Inspection)

3.If RR = FAIL & UD = ACCEPT DMR updated and go to next NOT OK stage (Inspection)

4.If RR = PASS & UD = REJECT DMR updated and go to next OK stage (Skip)

5.If only RR = PASS (No UD) DMR updated and go to next OK stage (Skip)

6.If only RR = Fail (No UD) DMR updated and go to next OK stage (Skip)

I have defined my DMR as below:

Stage 10 Normal inspection

Stage 20 Skip

Stage 30 Normal Inspection

I am fine with the outcome of test 1-5 , I do not follow the result of step 6 , when the Results Recording (RR) is failed , the next lot should be for inspection and not SKIP INSPECTION.

This is exactly what happens in step 2 and 3 .

Hope it clarifies.Do let me know if any other input is required

Appreciate your help. Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At lot creation the quality level is advanced at that time. When the lot was created that you failed, the quality level was already advanced to the SKIP stage and therefor the next lot created will be at the SKIP stage. And since no UD was made on that lot, the next lot created after that will also remain at the SKIP stage.

You will probably have better luck doing the DMR at UD instead of at lot creation.

Craig

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

First create DMR rule as per your requirement and assign rule to Inspection plan header level not characteristic level, and also select "Dynamic Modification at lot level" in Inspection plan header.

It will work, let us know if you have any Q regarding this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nehal for quick reply.

I have set up the insp plan exactly the same way as you mentioned. Assigned DMR at the headrer and also at the lot level and not at MIC level.

I hope you understad the problem now.

Thanks

Gaurav

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then might be you missed some setting in DMR, please check following:

DMR header select radio button of Dynamic modification at lot creation,

For first stage 10, maintain normal inspection and select check box of Inspection stage, where the first inspection begins. put number of inspection 1 and new stage would be 20.

For stage 20, select SKIP check box, and enter number of inspection you want to skip, enter new stage would be 20 only.

Don't forget to select check-box of stage change defined.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nehal

Appreciate your response.

I defined the DMR exactly the saem way as you mentioned but still I am not getting the desired results.

When Results recording is failed and no UD is made the the new inspection lot is created with "SKIP" status.

I am expeting the inspection lot with "INSP" status.

I hope I am expecting the right results based in DMR definition(at lot creation).

I can send you the screen shots if you want to see the details. Pls give me your email id.

Many thanks.

Gaurav