Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI Single Signon with XP Professional x64 Edition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For our Windows XP SP 3 computers (32 bit) we already have single signon implemented for SAPGUI using the NTLM SSP method. That is the gssntlm.dll and using the SNC_LIB environment variable.

We would like to implement the same for our Intel Xeon Windows XP x64 edition computers. We have downloaded the win64sso.zip file and can see several dlls. Placing the gx64ntlm.dll file in the sapgui path and setting SNC_LIB to this causes a "Unable to load the GSS-API DLL" error message to be generated by SAPGUI.

All the SNC settings are correct in SAPGUI because I am using the same services and saplogon.ini file as the 32 bit clients.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks,

Philip.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

Couly you please check below Note.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/352295. Could you please tell me your SAPGUI Version

regards

Anand.M

10 REPLIES 10

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even though you are using an x64 edition of Windows XP, you need to use the 32-bit SNC library because the SAP GUI software is only currently available as a 32-bit application. This is why it is installed into Program Files (x86) directory structure.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

Couly you please check below Note.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/352295. Could you please tell me your SAPGUI Version

regards

Anand.M

0 Kudos

Hello,

SAPGUI is 710 patch 5.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

As I mentioned in my last post - all curretn versions of SAP GUI (e.g. all patch levels of 7.10 and also 6.40) are 32-bit applications, and it is not possible for a 32-bit application to load a 64-bit DLL, so you need to use the 32-bit SNC library.

Tim

0 Kudos

Thanks Tim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

Another quick question. We are forced to deploy SAP GUI via SMS. Is there any reason why I could not put the package in the Program Files folder on both the 64 bit and 32 bit XP versions?

That way (because of your dll answer) we could maintain one version of the package.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

yes, you can install SAP GUI and SNC library at same time when you deploy to either 32-bit or x64 workstations.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

Hi,

We also use SMS to deploy SAPGUI and we include the snc dll.

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos

Thanks,

Could I also use the "Program Files" folder on 64 bit XP to hold 32 bit SAPGUI instead of the "Program Files (x86)" folder where it should really go?

This way, I can have one SMS for both.

Philip.

0 Kudos

You should use the feature included in your software distribution product (e.g. SMS) to put the file in correct place. The best approach is to install using the msi package rather than just copy dlls, then the MSI installer will silently put the files in correct place and make any other required changes.

Thanks,

Tim