cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in JCO interface when trying to get list of BAPIs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am using xMII 12.0 and want to call a BAPI on an ERP 6.0 system.

The SAP Server is configured correctly, the required user permissions are set, JCO is installed correctly.

When I try to get the list of available BAPIs I receive the following error message:

"Returned Content XML is emtpy"

When I let MII try create the input/output xml files its giving the following error:

"unknown proxy type: HTTP"

I can not call any BAPIs...

Any Idea? Thanks in advance.

Uli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ulrich,

Have you used the credentials to directly log onto the ERP system?

It sounds like a credentials problem, but without more information, it is difficult to determine.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mike,

yes I did. I can log into the ERP system and can execute the bapi as well.

When intentionally provide wrong credentials in MII I get an "wrong password or usernam"-error ... So the credentials seem to be OK.

Uli

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may want to talk to your security folks to see if you have external access with that ID. It can be an issue.

Outside of that, I can't think of an issue. I will research it further to see what I can find for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike!

I will check, but I don't think so.

I have profile SAP_ALL assigned to my user ... that should be enough, right?

Uli

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at these postings to see if any have any insight to your problem:

[security|]

[installation problems|]

Hope this helps,

Mike

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uli,

Yes, I would think that SAP_ALL would be good enough, but I still think a check with the security folks might be in order. One of the links I found indicated that this is an outside access security issue. I am not an expert in security, so I would check with them to be sure. I do know that security folks are usually a bit more protective of outside access (and they better be) than internal access.

Good luck,

Mike